Accounting Coordinator – Temporary
Accounting & FinanceFull TimeEdmonton, AB
We are looking for someone who takes their job very seriously and knows that also means having fun at work. As someone with high integrity and customer service standards, taking ownership and showing initiative is just part of who you are. Just as you know it is about getting it right, not being right. And, above all, you love accounting!
Location: Head Office - Edmonton, AB, Canada
Reports to: Controller
About the Job: As part of the Finance team, the Accounting Coordinator plays a key role in financial administration and reporting for Drivewyze and Intelligent Imaging Systems. Responsible for timely and accurate financial reporting, this role is perfect for someone who takes great pride in their work and is looking to grow their career in accounting.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Process Accounts Receivables and incoming payments in compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Perform day-to-day financial transactions including verifying, classifying, and posting Accounts Receivable data.
- Communicate with customers on payment follow-up.
- Perform weekly and monthly bank and credit card reconciliations.
- Process employee expenses in our expense system, ensuring all receipts are properly submitted with the expense claims.
- Manage cheque depositions.
- Assist Accounts Payable in processing vendor invoices, ensuring match and allocation to the relevant cost center.
- File accounting documents, ensuring strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records.
- Provide administration and reception backup when required.
- Aid other team members and provide support and assistance on reconciliations and ad-hoc projects as required.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree or diploma in Accounting or Finance.
- Previous Degree or experience working in an AP/AR role is preferred.
- Exceptional writing and communications skills coupled with strong organizational skills and intense attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude combined with demonstrated success in meeting tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work with little oversight.
- This is a 12-month temporary role with an anticipated March start date.
Work with us because you believe in what we do.
Want to be part of a team whose mission is to save lives by reducing commercial transportation fatalities? How about being part of a tech company that will, again, disrupt the industry with a radical new idea? Want to experience what it’s like to work in a silicon-valley, start-up-like organization?
Although technically, we have been in business for over 15 years, we are proud to have maintained a start-up feel with each team member acting like owners modeling our values:
- Create Exceptional Experiences. Think like a customer, colleague, partner, and stakeholder. Strive to go above and beyond and have a positive impact on others.
- Drive to Succeed. Be purposeful and accountable. Persevere through challenges and seek ways to enable success. Operate with speed, agility, and excellence.
- Empower and Lead. Take the initiative and be proactive. Identify problems quickly and help tackle them. Have a voice, share ideas, and give constructive feedback. Encourage others to do the same.
- Disrupt Creatively. Be curious, explore ideas without bias, and fearlessly try new things. Foster innovation with diversity of thought. Merit ideas, not titles, and learn from failure.
- Cultivate Relationships. Build credibility and influence with integrity, honesty, and commitment. Seek win-win outcomes and lead with transparency and high ethical standards.
- Raise the Bar. Continually improve and grow. Build for the future, develop capability, and help others to learn. Take risks and aim high. Don’t iterate when you can change the game.
Play as a Team. Navigate with genuine, care, respect, and inclusiveness. Create momentum through collaborative partnerships. Celebrate successes and have fun.
Let’s talk compensation and perks:
- Competitive compensation package including benefits.
- Open vacation program with unlimited vacation days.
- Inclusive, collaborative culture, and team social events.
- Social initiatives and virtual events until we are back in the office to battle in our games room (we call it Vegas) and face-off in ping pong, foosball, darts, and board games.
- Organized fun time – debate a new book in our book club or join in a game of hockey, soccer, baseball, even golf!
Drivewyze is disrupting the commercial trucking industry by delivering unsurpassed time-saving and cost-effective driving solutions to commercial vehicle operators and carriers. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the delivery of highway safety and transportation management through world-class products, systems, and services.
Drivewyze’s parent company, Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. (IIS), is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced commercial vehicle inspection and safety systems today. We provide transportation and law enforcement agencies with the industry’s most technologically advanced tools to make the goals of safety and security more efficient and effective.
Intelligent Imaging and its subsidiary, Driveywze is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.