UI/UX Designer – Future Opportunities
Product ManagementFull TimeEdmonton, AB
Drivewyze is growing and growing fast. As a UI/UX Designer, you will be the first dedicated user experience position within a mature development team. As such you will set the bar and champion the growth of the UX practice within Drivewyze. The ideal candidate will have senior-level experience with all aspects of the UX lifecycle and can communicate effectively through product roadmaps, design documentation, and in person.
Location: Canada – Edmonton, AB
Reports to: Director, Product Management
About the role:
In this role, you will envision how people experience our products and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired and refined. You will take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible, and easy-to-use designs—from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert. Achieving this goal requires collaboration throughout the design process—from creating user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes. At each stage, you will anticipate what our users need, advocate for them, and ensure that the final product delights them.
We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our teams are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities.
Job accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate thought leadership which articulates interaction and visual design rationale and when necessary divergent approaches to design problems.
- Influence high-level design direction and create storyboards, wireframes, high fidelity designs, and interactive prototypes to guide product discovery, design, and development.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Developers, Product, and Customer SME’s and other cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements and provide creative, thoughtful solutions across multiple products.
- Work with Product Management to define a UI/UX roadmap for all features and releases.
- Advocate for the prioritization of design-centered changes, refinements, and improvements.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Conduct user research in support of the roadmap vision to validate and refine with user-driven metrics.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of UX Design related experience with a portfolio that shows a concrete understanding of design fundamentals and best practices.
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary teams and cross-functional stakeholders throughout the design process; creating user flows and wireframes to build user interface mockups and prototypes.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Skills in communicating and influencing product design strategy.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to design for various platforms (i.e. Desktop/Mobile; Android/iOS/Windows)
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to work with little oversight.
We are scaling up and growing fast. So fast, we want to connect with great candidates before we have a need so we can be ready.
Work with us because you believe in what we do.
Want to be part of a team whose mission is to save lives by reducing commercial transportation fatalities? How about being part of a tech company that will, again, disrupt the industry with a radical new idea? Want to experience what it’s like to work in a silicon-valley, start-up-like organization?
Although technically, we have been in business for over 15 years, we are proud to have maintained a start-up feel with each team member acting like owners modeling our values:
- Create Exceptional Experiences. Think like a customer, colleague, partner, and stakeholder. Strive to go above and beyond and have a positive impact on others.
- Drive to Succeed. Be purposeful and accountable. Persevere through challenges and seek ways to enable success. Operate with speed, agility, and excellence.
- Empower and Lead. Take initiative and be proactive. Identify problems quickly and help tackle them. Have a voice, share ideas, and give constructive feedback. Encourage others to do the same.
- Disrupt Creatively. Be curious, explore ideas without bias, and fearlessly try new things. Foster innovation with diversity of thought. Merit ideas, not titles, and learn from failure.
- Cultivate Relationships. Build credibility and influence with integrity, honesty, and commitment. Seek win-win outcomes and lead with transparency and high ethical standards.
- Raise the Bar. Continually improve and grow. Build for the future, develop capability, and help others to learn. Take risks and aim high. Don’t iterate when you can change the game.
Play as a Team. Navigate with genuine, care, respect, and inclusiveness. Create momentum through collaborative partnerships. Celebrate successes and have fun.
Let’s talk compensation and perks:
- Competitive compensation package including benefits.
- Open vacation program with unlimited vacation days.
- Inclusive, collaborative culture, and team social events.
- Battles in our games room (we call it Vegas) – bring your ping pong, foosball, darts, and board game skills.
- Organized fun time – debate a new book in our book club or join in a game of hockey, soccer, baseball, even golf!
Drivewyze is disrupting the commercial trucking industry by delivering unsurpassed time-saving and cost-effective driving solutions to commercial vehicle operators and carriers. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the delivery of highway safety and transportation management through world-class products, systems, and services. Drivewyze’s parent company, Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. (IIS), is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced commercial vehicle inspection and safety systems today. We provide transportation and law enforcement agencies with the industry’s most technologically advanced tools to make the goals of safety and security more efficient and effective.
Intelligent Imaging and its subsidiary, Driveywze is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.