Product Manager – Project Services
Product ManagementFull TimeEdmonton, AB
Our dynamic and collaborative product team is on a mission to revolutionize transportation safety and efficiency. Built on our industry-leading platform, we have an expanding portfolio of safety and compliance solutions for commercial transportation markets.
We are expanding our product team and looking for a product manager that will work on our smart infrastructure project services. This portfolio is new and leverages our SaaS software platform and smart sensor network to deliver innovative connected infrastructure projects and developing new smart infrastructure products. You must be both highly organized, capable of overseeing the delivery of projects and entrepreneurial in your approach to identifying new value creation and capture opportunities. You will be a member of an experienced, supportive, and collaborative product team with a proven track record of success. You will be supported by a senior product manager with deep knowledge of our solutions and work with an expert project delivery team.
Location: Edmonton, AB
Reports to: Director, Product Management
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Drive the vision. Contribute to portfolio vision and strategy, entrepreneurial ideation, and collaboratively champion the strategy and vision of a product. Being tech-savvy, you have a knack for aligning technical solutions to marketplace needs and by nature, see the future as full of possibilities.
- Lead the product journey. Communicate a vision, strategy, roadmap, and releases aligned to business outcomes. Drive the product lifecycle from ideation, problem validation, solution discovery, and delivery working with internal teams such as marketing and business development to define positioning, messaging, and launch plans ensuring launch success.
- Be curious. Know your market, customers, and users, collecting metrics, user feedback, market trends, and other intelligence to steer and evolve product approach. You model a user-centric, value-driven philosophy and consultative, collaborative style.
- Enable others. Educate stakeholders on products within your portfolio to build understanding. This includes providing support for marketing and sales initiatives that enhance product KPI’s and training the sales and customer success teams so they can educate customers and users. You will also work with software development teams in an agile setting to prioritize activities, assess and evaluate technical and business dependencies, and guide activities.
- 3 – 5 years of product management or related experience in SAAS/PAAS products.
- Degree in computer science, business, or related technical field; or equivalent work experience.
- Well development technical knowledge with previous experience working with SDK and API products and services.
- Entrepreneurial drive, data-driven, and demonstrated ability to achieve challenging goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and skills and a demonstrated success leading teams without formal authority.
Work with us because you believe in what we do.
Want to be part of a team whose mission is to save lives by reducing commercial transportation fatalities? How about being part of a tech company that will, again, disrupt the industry with a radical new idea? Although technically, we have been in business for over 15 years, we are proud to have maintained a start-up feel with each team member acting like owners modeling our values:
- Create Exceptional Experiences. Think like a customer, colleague, partner, and stakeholder. Strive to go above and beyond and have a positive impact on others.
- Drive to Succeed. Be purposeful and accountable. Persevere through challenges and seek ways to enable success. Operate with speed, agility, and excellence.
- Empower and Lead. Take the initiative and be proactive. Identify problems quickly and help tackle them. Have a voice, share ideas, and give constructive feedback. Encourage others to do the same.
- Disrupt Creatively. Be curious, explore ideas without bias, and fearlessly try new things. Foster innovation with diversity of thought. Merit ideas, not titles, and learn from failure.
- Cultivate Relationships. Build credibility and influence with integrity, honesty, and commitment. Seek win-win outcomes and lead with transparency and high ethical standards.
- Raise the Bar. Continually improve and grow. Build for the future, develop capability, and help others to learn. Take risks and aim high. Don’t iterate when you can change the game.
Play as a Team. Navigate with genuine, care, respect, and inclusiveness. Create momentum through collaborative partnerships. Celebrate successes and have fun.
Let’s talk compensation and perks:
- Competitive compensation package, including benefits and stock options.
- Open vacation program with unlimited vacation days.
- Inclusive, collaborative culture, and team social events.
- Organized fun time and games!
Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. (IIS) is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced commercial vehicle inspection and safety systems today. We provide transportation and law enforcement agencies with the industry’s most technologically advanced tools to make the goals of safety and security more efficient and effective. Our subsidiary, Drivewyze is disrupting the commercial trucking industry by delivering unsurpassed time-saving and cost-effective driving solutions to commercial vehicle operators and carriers. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the delivery of highway safety and transportation management through world-class products, systems, and services.
Intelligent Imaging Systems and its subsidiary, Driveywze, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal or local laws.