Quality Assurance Engineer
DW SoftwareFull TimeEdmonton, AB
As a QA Engineer, you will be responsible for working with Product Managers, Developers, and fellow QA team members to ensure quality in our primary applications that are disrupting the transportation industry.
Location: Head Office, Edmonton
Report to: Quality Assurance Manager
About the Job: In an agile environment, you will:
- Be part of the story development and planning process;
- Validate implemented features match requirements;
- Create test plans that safeguard the quality and reliability of our products.
- With expertise in automation frameworks and testing, you will play a pivotal role in helping us improve the efficiency of our development efforts.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design, document, and implement test strategies to ensure broad functional test coverage.
- Support all test activities including developing, enhancing, and executing automated and manual test scripts and identifying and reporting software discrepancies and defects.
- Determine and recommends when to utilize manual testing and when to utilize automation.
- Work with Product Managers, Software Developers, and other team members to understand and determine test requirements for automation.
- Implement QA test automation frameworks and create and automate test cases.
- Ensure test cases are articulated effectively to enable swift execution by other members of the QA team.
- Certificate or degree in Computing Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or in a related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in QA testing with experience delivering web, mobile, or other software applications. Direct experience with test automation tools required.
- Previous experience writing and executing automated and manual test plans.
- Deep knowledge and experience using different testing methods including regression testing, automated testing, smoke testing, exploratory testing, scenario-based testing, usability testing.
- Understanding of database design and the ability to use SQL for data retrieval and manipulation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work with little oversight.
Work with us because you believe in what we do.
Want to be part of a team whose mission is to save lives by reducing commercial transportation fatalities? How about being part of a tech company that will, again, disrupt the industry with a radical new idea? Want to experience what it’s like to work in a silicon-valley, start-up-like organization?
Although technically, we have been in business for over 15 years, we are proud to have maintained a start-up feel with each team member acting like owners modeling our values:
- Create Exceptional Experiences. Think like a customer, colleague, partner, and stakeholder. Strive to go above and beyond and have a positive impact on others.
- Drive to Succeed. Be purposeful and accountable. Persevere through challenges and seek ways to enable success. Operate with speed, agility, and excellence.
- Empower and Lead. Take the initiative and be proactive. Identify problems quickly and help tackle them. Have a voice, share ideas, and give constructive feedback. Encourage others to do the same.
- Disrupt Creatively. Be curious, explore ideas without bias, and fearlessly try new things. Foster innovation with diversity of thought. Merit ideas, not titles, and learn from failure.
- Cultivate Relationships. Build credibility and influence with integrity, honesty, and commitment. Seek win-win outcomes and lead with transparency and high ethical standards.
- Raise the Bar. Continually improve and grow. Build for the future, develop capability, and help others to learn. Take risks and aim high. Don’t iterate when you can change the game.
Play as a Team. Navigate with genuine, care, respect, and inclusiveness. Create momentum through collaborative partnerships. Celebrate successes and have fun.
Let’s talk compensation and perks:
- Competitive compensation package, including benefits.
- Open vacation program with unlimited vacation days.
- Inclusive, collaborative culture.
- Battles in our games room (we call it Vegas) – bring your ping pong, foosball, darts, and board game skills.
- Team social events.
- Organized fun time – Debate a book in the book club, go for a job with the running club or join in a lunchtime game of soccer, baseball, hockey, even golf!
Drivewyze is disrupting the commercial trucking industry by delivering unsurpassed time-saving and cost-effective driving solutions to commercial vehicle operators and carriers. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the delivery of highway safety and transportation management through world-class products, systems, and services. Drivewyze’s parent company, Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. (IIS), is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced commercial vehicle inspection and safety systems today. We provide transportation and law enforcement agencies with the industry’s most technologically advanced tools to make the goals of safety and security more efficient and effective.
Drivewyze PreClear is a mobile application that runs on iOS, Android, and embedded devices. The app provides bypasses to long-haul truck drivers via an on-screen notification using GPS information. The Drivewyze app is supported by a multi-tier cloud-based infrastructure that is connected to various law enforcement databases and provides visibility to law enforcement personnel about the Drivewyze bypasses happening at each supported weigh station.
Intelligent Imaging and its subsidiary, Drivewyze is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.