IIS Engineering ServicesFull TimeEdmonton, AB
Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced imaging systems. We have developed a suite of integrated technologies that include thermal imaging, digital imaging, radiation detection, and laser scanning systems. Our technologies, our expertise, and our cultivated partnerships with proven technology providers enable us to create the most advanced safety and security enforcement systems available in the marketplace today. Our core markets are transportation safety and security, law enforcement, and public security.
Location: Head Office, Edmonton, AB
Reports to: Senior Project Manager
About the Job: Our company growth has created the opportunity for a Junior Engineer. This position plays a critical in the design, planning, and testing of various integrated technologies that support our intelligent transportation systems for government and agencies across North America. Your technical expertise, combined with your love of solving problems and eye for detail, creates the perfect combination to design and develop technologies to be installed in our customer sites.
As a Junior Engineer, this role will support projects involving multiple components, ranging from civil construction to electric hardware design and installations, custom software implementation, and system upgrades. This is the perfect opportunity for someone looking for mentorship, development, and the opportunity to apply their Engineering knowledge in support of our mission to revolutionize transportation safety and efficiency.
Job Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for a full scope of engineering activities specific to our integrated technologies, including thermal imaging, digital imaging, truck parking, mobile screening platforms supporting our intelligent transportation systems.
- Analyze manufacturer technical data and design for preliminary specifications and troubleshooting.
- Create and verify electrical wiring diagrams, network diagrams, construction plans, block diagrams, and bills of materials.
- Develop plans and update standards for systems/designs and products.
- Prepare test plans, technical reports, and related documentation.
- Coordinate with Engineers, Project Manager(s), Drafter(s), Field Technician(s) and other team members to support operations, ensure conformance to design, system and equipment specifications, and compliance with operational safety standards
- Assist with assembly and testing.
- Continuously improve the quality management processes such as policies, procedures, methods, or standards.
- Undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering preferred. Other engineering disciplines will also be considered.
- Member of or eligible for membership with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA).
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude which you will utilize in a team and customer-oriented environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills combined with a strong, hands-on aptitude with tools of the trade.
- Able to organize, plan, and prioritize work on and guidance.
- Able to organize, plan, and prioritize work.
- Possess excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with imaging equipment, electronics, and electrical systems.
- Field test experience also an asset.
- Travel is a component of this position. Security clearances must be obtainable for travel purposes when necessary.
Work with us because you believe in what we do.
Want to be part of a team whose mission is to save lives by reducing commercial transportation fatalities? How about being part of a tech company that will, again, disrupt the industry with a radical new idea? Although technically, we have been in business for over 15 years, we are proud to have maintained a start-up feel with each team member acting like owners modeling our values:
- Create Exceptional Experiences. Think like a customer, colleague, partner, and stakeholder. Strive to go above and beyond and have a positive impact on others.
- Drive to Succeed. Be purposeful and accountable. Persevere through challenges and seek ways to enable success. Operate with speed, agility, and excellence.
- Empower and Lead. Take the initiative and be proactive. Identify problems quickly and help tackle them. Have a voice, share ideas, and give constructive feedback. Encourage others to do the same.
- Disrupt Creatively. Be curious, explore ideas without bias, and fearlessly try new things. Foster innovation with diversity of thought. Merit ideas, not titles, and learn from failure.
- Cultivate Relationships. Build credibility and influence with integrity, honesty, and commitment. Seek win-win outcomes and lead with transparency and high ethical standards.
- Raise the Bar. Continually improve and grow. Build for the future, develop capability, and help others to learn. Take risks and aim high. Don’t iterate when you can change the game.
Play as a Team. Navigate with genuine, care, respect, and inclusiveness. Create momentum through collaborative partnerships. Celebrate successes and have fun.
Let’s talk compensation and perks:
- Competitive compensation package, including benefits and stock options.
- Open vacation program with unlimited vacation days.
- Inclusive, collaborative culture, and team social events.
- Organized fun time and games!
Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. (IIS) is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced commercial vehicle inspection and safety systems today. We provide transportation and law enforcement agencies with the industry’s most technologically advanced tools to make the goals of safety and security more efficient and effective. Our subsidiary, Drivewyze is disrupting the commercial trucking industry by delivering unsurpassed time-saving and cost-effective driving solutions to commercial vehicle operators and carriers. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the delivery of highway safety and transportation management through world-class products, systems, and services.
Intelligent Imaging Systems and its subsidiary, Driveywze, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal or local laws.