Graphic Designer – Internship | Coop | Student Work Experience Program
MarketingFull TimeEdmonton, AB
In this role you will conceptualize, design and execute a variety of collateral for our diverse markets and users. Material is delivered online and in print through the creation of sales brochures, advertisements, digital content, posters, training material, and presentations. This is the perfect opportunity if you are looking to develop your graphic design skills, writing skills, and exposure to a diverse number of projects. Collaboratively working alongside members of the marketing team, you will be at the table as a key partner in brainstorming, content creation, and synthesizing ideas and concepts that make an impact to our customers. As a master of deadlines, you can put ideas into action quickly and bring a creative edge to all that you do.
Reports to: Manager, Marketing and User Experience Design
Location: Head office, Edmonton
Specific responsibilities include:
- Conceptualize art design independently and/or collaboratively with the marketing team and internal stakeholders to establish an inspired, on-brand deliverable that defines, elevates and differentiates our company.
- Comprehend and deliver according to required brand guidelines.
- Develop overall layout and production for print, digital and web designs.
- Work with existing Adobe Creative Suite source files to update messaging to match up-to-date product specifications.
- Prepare print files and work with printers to execute final artwork, press checks may be required.
- Prepare asset files and .html text for email campaigns.
- In progress of completing a co-op degree or certification in Graphic Design, Digital Design, Email Design and Web Design.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Microsoft Office and PowerPoint.
- Strong design, communication, and detail-oriented skills with ability to multi-task, manage and prioritize project workflow to accommodate deadlines.
- Creative and unconventional thinking, the ability to define innovative messaging and positioning as highlighted in your portfolio of work.
- Ability to success meeting tight and competing deadlines.
- Knowledge of .html coding and CSS an asset.
Additional Requirements and Information
- Placement to commence January 2020.
- Preference will be given to candidates participating in a post-secondary internship, co-op or student work experience program.
- Preference for candidates seeking a +8-month work term.
Work with us because you believe in what we do.
Want to be part of a team whose mission is to save lives by reducing commercial transportation fatalities? How about being part of tech company that will, again, disrupt the industry with a radical new idea? Want to experience what it’s like to work in a silicon-valley, start-up-like organization?
Although, technically, we have been in business for over 15 years, we are proud to have maintained a start-up feel with each team member acting like owners modelling our values:
- Create Exceptional Experiences. Think like a customer, colleague, partner and stakeholder. Strive to go above and beyond and have a positive impact on others.
- Drive to Succeed. Be purposeful and accountable. Persevere through challenges and seek ways to enable success. Operate with speed, agility and excellence.
- Empower and Lead. Take initiative and be proactive. Identify problems quickly and help tackle them. Have a voice, share ideas and give constructive feedback. Encourage others to do the same.
- Disrupt Creatively. Be curious, explore ideas without bias, and fearlessly try new things. Foster innovation with diversity of thought. Merit ideas, not titles and learn from failure.
- Cultivate Relationships. Build credibility and influence with integrity, honesty and commitment. Seek win-win outcomes and lead with transparency and high ethical standards.
- Raise the Bar. Continually improve and grow. Build for the future, develop capability, and help others to learn. Take risks and aim high. Don’t iterate when you can change the game.
- Play as a Team. Navigate with genuine, care, respect and inclusiveness. Create momentum through collaborative partnerships. Celebrate successes and have fun.
Let’s talk perks:
- Supportive leaders and mentors.
- Inclusive, collaborative culture.
- Battles in our games room (we call it Vegas) – bring your ping pong, foosball, darts and board game skills.
- Team social events.
- Organized fun time – debate a book in the book club, go for a jog with the running club or join in a lunchtime game of soccer, baseball, hockey, even golf!
Drivewyze is disrupting the commercial trucking industry by delivering unsurpassed time-saving and cost-effective driving solutions to commercial vehicle operators and carriers. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the delivery of highway safety and transportation management through world-class products, systems and services. Drivewyze’s parent company, Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. (IIS), is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced commercial vehicle inspection and safety systems today. We provide transportation and law enforcement agencies with the industry’s most technologically advanced tools to make the goals of safety and security more efficient and effective.
Intelligent Imaging and its subsidiary, Driveywze is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.