Advanced Technology GroupFull TimeEdmonton, AB
Supporting the data warehouse environment, this role will interface with our data warehouse to access and evaluate large data sets and various information. The Data Analyst will support the evolving design of the data warehouse and assist in the development of dashboards and interfaces that interact with the warehouse. This includes working with group and project leads to determine data requirements, collecting and evaluating data results and communicating and reporting data information.
As the Data Analyst, you have knowledge of data architecture, data warehouses, and data tools. In this role, you will partner with Product Management, Software Development and other groups to produce, analyze, refine, and communicate data to various stakeholders. You are a statistician at heart and have a passion for all things data.
Location: Head Office, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Reports to: Director, Product Development & Business Intelligence
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the creation and management of various data communication tools including: Dashboards and visualization, Canned reports, and Ad-hoc access.
- Support the develop of data collection methods and analysis processes.
- Generate, analyze and report on data results extracted from the data warehouse.
- Provide support and guidance on data extraction and interpretation.
- Maintain the organization’s data dictionary.
- Develop, update and update technical documentation and training materials.
- Communicate data results to key stakeholders via reports and other methods.
- Previous experience in statistical analysis and using analytics tools to report on key metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Business, Management Information Systems or related.
- Demonstrated success in a data reporting role and analyzing large data sets.
- Strong attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work with little oversight.
- Experience with the following technologies is an asset but not required: Amazon AWS big data stack, Apache data stack, Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce. Relational databases: Microsoft SQL, Postgres, Aurora (AWS), RedShift. NoSQL databases: Mongo, Dynamo, Python, JSON.
Work with us because you believe in what we do.
Want to be part of a team whose mission is to save lives by reducing commercial transportation fatalities? How about being part of tech company that will, again, disrupt the industry with a radical new idea? Want to experience what it’s like to work in a silicon-valley, start-up-like organization?
Although, technically, we have been in business for over 15 years, we are proud to have maintained a start-up feel with each team member acting like owners modelling our values:
- Create Exceptional Experiences. Think like a customer, colleague, partner and stakeholder. Strive to go above and beyond and have a positive impact on others.
- Drive to Succeed. Be purposeful and accountable. Persevere through challenges and seek ways to enable success. Operate with speed, agility and excellence.
- Empower and Lead. Take initiative and be proactive. Identify problems quickly and help tackle them. Have a voice, share ideas and give constructive feedback. Encourage others to do the same.
- Disrupt Creatively. Be curious, explore ideas without bias, and fearlessly try new things. Foster innovation with diversity of thought. Merit ideas, not titles and learn from failure.
- Cultivate Relationships. Build credibility and influence with integrity, honesty and commitment. Seek win-win outcomes and lead with transparency and high ethical standards.
- Raise the Bar. Continually improve and grow. Build for the future, develop capability, and help others to learn. Take risks and aim high. Don’t iterate when you can change the game.
- Play as a Team. Navigate with genuine, care, respect and inclusiveness. Create momentum through collaborative partnerships. Celebrate successes and have fun.
Let’s talk compensation and perks:
- Competitive compensation package, including benefits.
- Open vacation program with unlimited vacation days.
- Inclusive, collaborative culture and team social events.
- Battles in our games room (we call it Vegas) – bring your ping pong, foosball, darts and board game skills.
- Organized fun time – debate a new book in our book club or join in a game of hockey, soccer, baseball, even golf!
Drivewyze is disrupting the commercial trucking industry by delivering unsurpassed time-saving and cost-effective driving solutions to commercial vehicle operators and carriers. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the delivery of highway safety and transportation management through world-class products, systems and services. Drivewyze’s parent company, Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. (IIS), is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced commercial vehicle inspection and safety systems today. We provide transportation and law enforcement agencies with the industry’s most technologically advanced tools to make the goals of safety and security more efficient and effective.
Intelligent Imaging and its subsidiary, Drivewyze is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.