Field Technician - North East Region BOSTON
Production ServicesFull TimeUnited States
Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced imaging systems. We have developed a suite of integrated technologies that include thermal imaging, digital imaging, radiation detection, and laser scanning systems. Our technologies, our expertise and our cultivated partnerships with proven technology providers enable us to create the most advanced safety and security enforcement systems available in the marketplace today. Our core markets are transportation safety and security, law enforcement and public security.
Location: Flexible throughout the North Eastern US Region - Boston area
Reports to: Field Services Coordinator
About the Job: You will be part of the Field Services team that keeps our systems working for our agency customers. Your technical expertise, combined with your love of solving problems, are the perfect combination to complete installations, maintenance and system upgrades at our customer sites. You will support projects involving multiple components, ranging from civil construction to custom software implementation, electronic hardware installations and preventative maintenance.
Job Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Install and maintain a wide variety of imaging and ITS devices such as CCTV and digital cameras, illuminators, video detection systems, vehicle induction loops, dynamic message signs, solid state equipment, fiber optic equipment, computerized communication cables, light emitting diode lamps, and related devices and equipment for freeway, arterial roadways and government facilities.
- Verify proper device and system operation; conduct inspections and periodic preventive maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions, isolating defects and repairing devices and equipment.
- Participate in the design, layout, modification, and fabrication of the ITS components used in the field; read diagrams, blueprints, manuals, and specifications for new installations and continual maintenance of cameras and ITS devices; make corrections to schematics and blueprints; assist contractors and other agencies with installation of new devices and system expansion.
- Monitor cameras and devices, diagnose issues, and safely implement changes for effective system operation.
- Evaluate, plan, direct, and perform repair, removal, and replacement of poles, cabinets, controllers, and other equipment; repair conduit, pull wires and cable, as needed; perform emergency repairs as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and contractors.
- Make independent technical decisions during maintenance activities.
- Direct and participate in a wide range of functional electrical tasks on cameras and ITS components; isolate prime power malfunctions and coordinate repairs with electrical contractors; replace power service points as needed.
- Lead and participate in field and bench testing procedures on a variety of camera and ITS equipment, such as digital camera systems, traffic control systems, dynamic message signs, inductive vehicle detection systems, power service assemblies, and others; test, troubleshoot, and repair camera and ITS equipment.
- Document work performed on all camera and ITS devices in the shop or field.
- Assist with the production and testing of new technologies. Technical abilities must be upgraded as the company evolves.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience installing, repairing, and maintaining ITS, CCTV, or traffic control systems.
- Specialized training in electronics, networking and CCTV maintenance and repair or alarm system installations.
- Previous experience using diagnostic and utility software to locate problems and repair system equipment.
- Knowledge of cable and component color coding and the ability to read schematics, construction and machine drawings.
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, practices, and methods used in installing, maintaining, testing and repairing electronic solid-state camera and illuminator systems, roadside electronic and associated equipment.
- Abide by pertinent federal, state and local laws, codes, regulations and traffic control guidelines.
- Able to work independently without direct supervision.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing and possess strong techniques and methods of record keeping.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license on the date of application is a requirement.
- Possession of valid fall arrest and elevated platform certification an asset.
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities this may include:
- Walking, bending, lifting, repetitive motion, use of hand tools and test equipment.
- Driving short and long distances.
- Operating assigned equipment.
- Ability to navigate and configure operating devices and equipment.
- Handling equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Occasionally climbing up ladders with up to 50 lbs.
- Possible overnight installations.
- Must be willing to work days, evenings and weekend shifts as well as rotating shifts on an on-call schedule.
- This position requires a valid driving license and a clean driving record.
- Security clearances must be obtainable for international and domestic travel. Frequent travel within North America will be required.
Work with us because you believe in what we do.
Want to be part of a team whose mission is to save lives by reducing commercial transportation fatalities? How about being part of tech company that will, again, disrupt the industry with a radical new idea?
Although, technically, we have been in business for over 15 years, we are proud to have maintained a start-up feel with each team member acting like owners modelling our values:
- Create Exceptional Experiences. Think like a customer, colleague, partner and stakeholder. Strive to go above and beyond and have a positive impact on others.
- Drive to Succeed. Be purposeful and accountable. Persevere through challenges and seek ways to enable success. Operate with speed, agility and excellence.
- Empower and Lead. Take initiative and be proactive. Identify problems quickly and help tackle them. Have a voice, share ideas and give constructive feedback. Encourage others to do the same.
- Disrupt Creatively. Be curious, explore ideas without bias, and fearlessly try new things. Foster innovation with diversity of thought. Merit ideas, not titles and learn from failure.
- Cultivate Relationships. Build credibility and influence with integrity, honesty and commitment. Seek win-win outcomes and lead with transparency and high ethical standards.
- Raise the Bar. Continually improve and grow. Build for the future, develop capability, and help others to learn. Take risks and aim high. Don’t iterate when you can change the game.
- Play as a Team. Navigate with genuine, care, respect and inclusiveness. Create momentum through collaborative partnerships. Celebrate successes and have fun.
Let’s talk compensation and perks:
- Competitive compensation package, including benefits and stock options.
- Open vacation program with unlimited vacation days.
- Collaborative team and inclusive organization.
Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. (IIS) is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced commercial vehicle inspection and safety systems today. We provide transportation and law enforcement agencies with the industry’s most technologically advanced tools to make the goals of safety and security more efficient and effective. Our subsidiary, Drivewyze is disrupting the commercial trucking industry by delivering unsurpassed time-saving and cost-effective driving solutions to commercial vehicle operators and carriers. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the delivery of highway safety and transportation management through world-class products, systems and services.
Intelligent Imaging Systems and its subsidiary, Driveywze, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.