Accounts Payable Coordinator
AccountingFull TimeEdmonton, AB
We are looking for someone who takes their job very seriously and knows that also means having fun at work. As someone with high integrity and customer service standards, taking ownership and showing initiative is just part of who you are. Just as you know it is about getting it right, not being right. And, above all, you love accounting!
Location: Head Office - Edmonton, AB, Canada
Reports to: Controller
About the Job: As part of the Finance team, the Accounts Payable Coordinator plays a key role in financial administration and reporting for Drivewyze and Intelligent Imaging Systems. Responsible for timely and accurate financial reporting, this role is perfect for someone who takes great pride in their work and is looking to grow their career in accounting.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Process vendor invoices, ensuring match and allocation to the relevant cost centre.
- Ensure all expenses are assigned to the correct project, cost center and/or GL code.
- Perform vendor statement and credit card reconciliations.
- Process employee expenses in our expense system, ensuring all receipts are properly submitted with the expense claims.
- Prepare bi-weekly cheque and electronic fund transfer (EFT) runs.
- Manage cheque depositions and petty cash disbursement.
- File accounting documents, ensuring strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records.
- Provide administration and reception backup when required.
- Aid other team members and provide support and assistance on projects as required.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree or Diploma in Accounting or Finance.
- Previous experience working in an Account Payable role or group.
- Exceptional writing and communications skills coupled with strong organizational skills and an intense attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive attitude combined with demonstrated success meeting tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and ability to work with little oversight.
Work with us because you believe in what we do.
Want to be part of a team whose mission is to save lives by reducing commercial transportation fatalities? How about being part of tech company that will, again, disrupt the industry with a radical new idea? Want to experience what it’s like to work in a silicon-valley, start-up-like organization?
Although, technically, we have been in business for over 15 years, we are proud to have maintained a start-up feel with each team member acting like owners modelling our values:
- Create Exceptional Experiences. Think like a customer, colleague, partner and stakeholder. Strive to go above and beyond and have a positive impact on others.
- Drive to Succeed. Be purposeful and accountable. Persevere through challenges and seek ways to enable success. Operate with speed, agility and excellence.
- Empower and Lead. Take initiative and be proactive. Identify problems quickly and help tackle them. Have a voice, share ideas and give constructive feedback. Encourage others to do the same.
- Disrupt Creatively. Be curious, explore ideas without bias, and fearlessly try new things. Foster innovation with diversity of thought. Merit ideas, not titles and learn from failure.
- Cultivate Relationships. Build credibility and influence with integrity, honesty and commitment. Seek win-win outcomes and lead with transparency and high ethical standards.
- Raise the Bar. Continually improve and grow. Build for the future, develop capability, and help others to learn. Take risks and aim high. Don’t iterate when you can change the game.
- Play as a Team. Navigate with genuine, care, respect and inclusiveness. Create momentum through collaborative partnerships. Celebrate successes and have fun.
Let’s talk compensation and perks:
- Competitive compensation package, including benefits
- Open vacation program with unlimited vacation days
- Inclusive, collaborative culture and team social events
- Battles in our games room (we call it Vegas) – bring your ping pong, foosball, darts and board game skills.
- Organized fun time – debate a new book in our book club or join in a game of hockey, soccer, baseball, even golf!
Drivewyze is disrupting the commercial trucking industry by delivering unsurpassed time-saving and cost-effective driving solutions to commercial vehicle operators and carriers. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the delivery of highway safety and transportation management through world-class products, systems and services. Drivewyze’s parent company, Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. (IIS), is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced commercial vehicle inspection and safety systems today. We provide transportation and law enforcement agencies with the industry’s most technologically advanced tools to make the goals of safety and security more efficient and effective.
Intelligent Imaging Systems and its subsidiary, Driveywze, provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal or local laws.