Technical Writer - Software Products
Product ManagementContractorEdmonton, AB
Drivewyze is the smart mobility services company for the transportation industry. Drivewyze and its sister company, Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc., are on a mission to revolutionize the delivery of highway safety and transportation management through world-class products, systems, and services. Drivewyze serves commercial drivers and fleets with innovative trucking apps such as Drivewyze Heads Up and Drivewyze PreClear Bypass service.
Drivewyze PreClear is a mobile application that runs on iOS, Android, and embedded devices. The app provides bypasses to long-haul truck drivers via an on-screen notification using GPS information. The Drivewyze platform is supported by a multi-tier cloud-based infrastructure that is connected to various law enforcement databases and provides visibility to law enforcement personnel about the Drivewyze bypasses happening at each supported weigh station.
Location: Head Office, Edmonton AB (or remote)
Report to: Director, Product Management
Position type: Contract
About the Job: Technical writers communicate complex information clearly, concisely and accurately, and without relying on jargon. As a technical writer, your role involves tasks such as writing conceptual overviews and procedures, reading and writing example code, or updating help center queries and FAQs.
You will be a key link between engineers, marketing associates, developer advocates, as well as all the external users and developers, tying together many vital but disparate parts of the Drivewyze ecosystem. As a Technical Writer working on developer products, you'll support developer platforms such as the Drivewyze SDK, detailed client library interfaces for Android, iOS, .NET and backend REST service API’s. You will communicate with external developers and/or internal audiences through conceptual documentation, detailed developer guides, code samples, API references, and other online materials.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A post-secondary degree/certificate or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working in areas such as technical writing, product documentation, or online publishing.
- Experience researching and writing documentation for developers (APIs, SDKs, web technologies).
- Proficiency with HTML and CSS and working in a Unix environment.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
Additional Information: This is a contract position with an anticipated duration of 8 weeks (40 hours per week).
Work with us because you believe in what we do.
Want to be part of a team whose mission is to save lives by reducing commercial transportation fatalities? How about being part of tech company that will, again, disrupt the industry with a radical new idea? Want to experience what it’s like to work in a silicon-valley, start-up-like organization?
Although, technically, we have been in business for over 15 years, we are proud to have maintained a start-up feel with each team member acting like owners modelling our values:
- Create Exceptional Experiences. Think like a customer, colleague, partner and stakeholder. Strive to go above and beyond and have a positive impact on others.
- Drive to Succeed. Be purposeful and accountable. Persevere through challenges and seek ways to enable success. Operate with speed, agility and excellence.
- Empower and Lead. Take initiative and be proactive. Identify problems quickly and help tackle them. Have a voice, share ideas and give constructive feedback. Encourage others to do the same.
- Disrupt Creatively. Be curious, explore ideas without bias, and fearlessly try new things. Foster innovation with diversity of thought. Merit ideas, not titles and learn from failure.
- Cultivate Relationships. Build credibility and influence with integrity, honesty and commitment. Seek win-win outcomes and lead with transparency and high ethical standards.
- Raise the Bar. Continually improve and grow. Build for the future, develop capability, and help others to learn. Take risks and aim high. Don’t iterate when you can change the game.
- Play as a Team. Navigate with genuine, care, respect and inclusiveness. Create momentum through collaborative partnerships. Celebrate successes and have fun.
Let’s talk compensation and perks:
- Competitive compensation package.
- Inclusive, collaborative culture and team social events.
- Battles in our games room (we call it Vegas) – bring your ping pong, foosball, darts and board game skills.
- Organized fun time – debate a new book in our book club or join in a game of hockey, soccer, baseball, even golf!
Drivewyze is disrupting the commercial trucking industry by delivering unsurpassed time-saving and cost-effective driving solutions to commercial vehicle operators and carriers. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the delivery of highway safety and transportation management through world-class products, systems and services. Drivewyze’s parent company, Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. (IIS), is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced commercial vehicle inspection and safety systems today. We provide transportation and law enforcement agencies with the industry’s most technologically advanced tools to make the goals of safety and security more efficient and effective.
Intelligent Imaging and its subsidiary, Driveywze is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.