Associate Product Manager - Internship | Co-Op
Program ManagementInternEdmonton, AB
Associate Product Manager Interns are typically responsible for specific features or components in our technology solutions. You may be improving existing product functionality or working with new features. You work collaboratively as part of the product management team, typically planning, designing, scheduling, tracking and monitoring your feature and component responsibilities. You will be expected to demonstrate the ability to learn and adapt within a dynamic team environment. Your team is mature, experienced, supportive and driven by innovation and customer experience.
Location: Head Office, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Reports to: Director, Product Management
Your responsibilities day-to-day will depend upon the needs of the product initiatives for which you are assigned and may include any of the following:
- Be a customer/user advocate by understanding and analyzing user needs conducting market, UX and data research.
- Full service product management; research, design, schedule, document, train.
- Work with software developers to build and launch new features.
- Currently enrolled in a full-time Bachelor's (or Master’s) degree program in Business, Computer Science or Engineering.
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of fundamentals that affect customer and user experience.
- Familiarity with managing schedules and nurturing cross-group collaboration.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a desire to create an open and collaborative team culture.
- Demonstrated skills in negotiation and conflict management.
- Participating in an internship, or a 4- or 8-month Coop term, with preference for candidates graduating after completion.
- Deep interest in creating and analyzing products.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and function effectively in a fast-paced environment, providing strong leadership skills and managing multiple deliverables simultaneously.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational, verbal, written and presentation communication and interpersonal skills. A cross-functional influencer with ability to build strong relationships.
- Placement to commence September 2019.
Work with us because you believe in what we do.
Want to be part of a team whose mission is to save lives by reducing commercial transportation fatalities? How about being part of tech company that will, again, disrupt the industry with a radical new idea? Want to experience what it’s like to work in a silicon-valley, start-up-like organization?
Although, technically, we have been in business for over 15 years, we are proud to have maintained a start-up feel with each team member acting like owners modelling our values:
- Create Exceptional Experiences. Think like a customer, colleague, partner and stakeholder. Strive to go above and beyond and have a positive impact on others.
- Drive to Succeed. Be purposeful and accountable. Persevere through challenges and seek ways to enable success. Operate with speed, agility and excellence.
- Empower and Lead. Take initiative and be proactive. Identify problems quickly and help tackle them. Have a voice, share ideas and give constructive feedback. Encourage others to do the same.
- Disrupt Creatively. Be curious, explore ideas without bias, and fearlessly try new things. Foster innovation with diversity of thought. Merit ideas, not titles and learn from failure.
- Cultivate Relationships. Build credibility and influence with integrity, honesty and commitment. Seek win-win outcomes and lead with transparency and high ethical standards.
- Raise the Bar. Continually improve and grow. Build for the future, develop capability, and help others to learn. Take risks and aim high. Don’t iterate when you can change the game.
- Play as a Team. Navigate with genuine, care, respect and inclusiveness. Create momentum through collaborative partnerships. Celebrate successes and have fun.
Let’s talk compensation and perks:
- Competitive compensation.
- Inclusive, collaborative culture and team social events.
- Battles in our games room (we call it Vegas) – bring your ping pong, foosball, darts and board game skills.
- Organized fun time – debate a new book in our book club or join in a game of hockey, soccer, baseball, even golf!
Drivewyze is disrupting the commercial trucking industry by delivering unsurpassed time-saving and cost-effective driving solutions to commercial vehicle operators and carriers. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the delivery of highway safety and transportation management through world-class products, systems and services. Drivewyze’s parent company, Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. (IIS), is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced commercial vehicle inspection and safety systems today. We provide transportation and law enforcement agencies with the industry’s most technologically advanced tools to make the goals of safety and security more efficient and effective.
Intelligent Imaging and its subsidiary, Driveywze is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.