Business Proposal Writer
About the job: Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing and working in daily collaboration with the Director of Government Sales and the President and CEO of Intelligent Imaging Systems. As a Business Proposal Writer, you will be responsible for writing conference bid proposals and prepare bid presentations in an engaging, yet businesslike manner. You will be a self-starter who can carry out assignments with limited oversight in a timely fashion and will incorporate the Drivewyze/IIS core values into your daily work. A key applicant will demonstrate exceptional organizational, written and oral communication skills and will be able to foster a team environment and will also be able to act as an independent team member.
Location: Head Office, Edmonton
Report to: Vice President of Marketing
- Interact with multiple teams and SMEs to create timely, persuasive and effective responses to RFPs, RFIs, RFQs and Invitations to Bid.
- Review RFPs to identify response deliverables and establish submission schedules and requirements.
- Conduct kickoff meetings to coordinate responsibilities of the response team, and to schedule deadlines and review stages.
- Create response outlines, solicit, coordinate and edit proposal content from multiple SMEs and Business Groups.
- Proofread and edit proposals to ensure they follow company standards for accuracy, quality, marketing focus and brand.
- Provide quality assurance for all documents and materials; including ensuring due diligence of proposal production and submission of a fully compliant bid.
- Proactively work with Sales team on subcontracting opportunities by contacting General Contractors, preparing Price Quotes and Scope of Work documents.
- Maintain and augment a technical response repository of key RFP documents, response templates and resumes.
- Ensure technical documentation is accurate, complete, and follows established branding and formatting styles.
- Work with the Sales team to create influential sales collateral for new products and services.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Intelligent Imaging Systems and Drivewyze products and services.
- Undergraduate degree/diploma in marketing/communications or business-related field; or equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in B2B sales/business development environment with proposal creation responsibility.
- Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
- High level verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong editing skills and a solid command of the English language.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Self-starter, motivated, a team player and results driven.
This is a one-year term position with the possibility of extension.
Work with us because you believe in what we do.
Want to be part of a team whose mission is to save lives by reducing commercial transportation fatalities? How about being part of tech company that will, again, disrupt the industry with a radical new idea? Want to experience what it’s like to work in a silicon-valley, start-up-like organization?
Although, technically, we have been in business for over 15 years, we are proud to have maintained a start-up feel with each team member acting like owners modelling our values:
- Create Exceptional Experiences. Think like a customer, colleague, partner and stakeholder. Strive to go above and beyond and have a positive impact on others.
- Drive to Succeed. Be purposeful and accountable. Persevere through challenges and seek ways to enable success. Operate with speed, agility and excellence.
- Empower and Lead. Take initiative and be proactive. Identify problems quickly and help tackle them. Have a voice, share ideas and give constructive feedback. Encourage others to do the same.
- Disrupt Creatively. Be curious, explore ideas without bias, and fearlessly try new things. Foster innovation with diversity of thought. Merit ideas, not titles and learn from failure.
- Cultivate Relationships. Build credibility and influence with integrity, honesty and commitment. Seek win-win outcomes and lead with transparency and high ethical standards.
- Raise the Bar. Continually improve and grow. Build for the future, develop capability, and help others to learn. Take risks and aim high. Don’t iterate when you can change the game.
- Play as a Team. Navigate with genuine, care, respect and inclusiveness. Create momentum through collaborative partnerships. Celebrate successes and have fun.
Let’s talk compensation and perks:
- Inclusive, collaborative culture and team social events.
- Battles in our games room (we call it Vegas) – bring your ping pong, foosball, darts and board game skills.
- Organized fun time – debate a new book in our book club or join in a game of hockey, soccer, baseball, even golf!
Drivewyze is disrupting the commercial trucking industry by delivering unsurpassed time-saving and cost-effective driving solutions to commercial vehicle operators and carriers. We’re on a mission to revolutionize the delivery of highway safety and transportation management through world-class products, systems and services. Drivewyze’s parent company, Intelligent Imaging Systems Inc. (IIS), is a supplier and integrator of some of the most advanced commercial vehicle inspection and safety systems today. We provide transportation and law enforcement agencies with the industry’s most technologically advanced tools to make the goals of safety and security more efficient and effective.
Intelligent Imaging and its subsidiary, Driveywze is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be given consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.