Senior Technical Recruiter & HR Manager
Finance & Business Full TimeOntario
About Horizon Blockchain Games
At Horizon, we’re building a New Dimension where Internet economies are fun, accessible, and for the benefit of all participants.
We have two amazing products to make this real:
Sequence, which consists of i) a friendly crypto + Web3 wallet, and ii) a seamless developer platform for Ethereum, NFTs, Web3, DeFi and Dapps.
And Skyweaver, a digital trading card game—powered by Sequence—where players actually own the game items (NFTs) they win and purchase. For the first time, gamers can easily and securely sell and trade their items.
Sequence is poised to drive Web3 adoption on a massive scale by making blockchain easy, fun and powerful for users and developers. And, Skyweaver has the chance to become a groundbreaking video game with its unprecedented player-owned economy, novel gameplay, and an already fervent community.
While the challenge is hard, we find it incredibly fun. And we have the ingredients to make it happen: a well-capitalized company with some of the best investors in the world (Reddit co-founder, Coinbase), an amazing team of leaders in the blockchain space, engineers who have built widely popular open source, a former top McKinsey strategy consultant, gaming industry veterans, and founders who have built and sold successful companies. You'll get to work with and learn from them all.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a Senior Technical Recruiter & HR Manager to help us grow our team and nurture our amazing culture as we scale. We’re currently a team of less than 30, and we’re growing fast—this is where you come in.
You will help us recruit top technical (and non-technical) candidates, build a robust recruitment pipeline, and develop and execute an effective recruitment and hiring process. You will also manage HR operations and initiatives to onboard, support, develop and retain our teammates. You will work closely with the leadership team, such as the CFO and COO, and technical teams to assess organizational needs and objectives.
You are a problem solver with strong attention to detail, an ownership mindset, excellent networking skills, great at partnering with leadership, and you have a prowess for building and supporting strong and diverse teams.
Roles & responsibilities
- Source a top-tier pipeline of talent
- Manage a streamlined top-notch recruiting process from end to end
- Help build the Horizon brand as an excellent employer
- Stay up-to-date with blockchain technology and game development frameworks
- Implement HR strategies aligned with business strategy and values
- Proactively manage employee relation issues
- Work with leadership to develop tools, templates and policies
- Help build and nurture a top-tier and diverse team and positive work environment
Skills & experience
- 5 years of proven, successful experience in recruiting
- 4+ years of experience in Human Resources
- A bachelor’s degree/diploma in Human Resources, Business or related disciplines is helpful
- Experience with applicant tracking and scoring processes
- Understanding of technical frameworks, coding languages and developer skills
- Ability to discuss technicals with and assess competency and excellence of technical candidates
- Solid understanding of HR practices, and awareness of the importance of labour and employment law and compliance requirements
- Extensive knowledge of compensation and market value
- Ownership mindset with the ability to thrive in a dynamic startup environment
- Excellent communication skills and empathy
- A go-getter – you have an entrepreneurial spirit and act proactively
- Impact oriented – you have the ability to take a macro perspective and grasp the details
- An outstanding team player – you have strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Meticulous – you have a keen eye for detail and are quality-oriented
- Eager to learn – you have a growth mindset and are always looking to improve
- Chance to deliver massive impact at a quickly growing company
- Accelerate your career by joining at the early stages
- Be part of defining Web3, the next generation of the Internet, and creating symbiotic economies where both users and creators share in the value generated by networks
- Work with an outstanding team made of wonderful people who have built and sold successful companies, launched amazing products, and have rich experience in infrastructure, architecture, blockchain, games, finance, investing, strategy, consulting, design, marketing, community, and more.
- New PC, and generous allowance for work-from-home setup
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- We’re conscious about mental health and have modern vacation policies
- We invest in everyone’s personal development and subsidize courses, books, and conferences, so you never stop learning
- Work on hard, big, meaningful problems that can shift markets and culture
- Learn more about our values and the traits we embody at https://careers.horizon.io/
We are committed to diversity
We are committed to diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds, genders and faiths. While we want to build great products, we also want to build a great team and company. The best way to do that is to attract talented folks from all areas and to have their experience as humans inform their work.