Crypto Finance Manager
Finance & Business Full TimeOntario
About Horizon Blockchain Games
At Horizon, we’re building a New Dimension where Internet economies are fun, accessible, and for the benefit of all participants.
We have two amazing products to make this real:
Sequence, our Web3 wallet and platform, provides a seamless user and developer experience for Ethereum, NFTs, Web3, DeFi and Dapps.
And Skyweaver, a digital trading card game—powered by Sequence—where players actually own the game items they win and purchase. For the first time, gamers can easily and securely sell and trade their items.
Sequence is poised to drive Web3 adoption on a massive scale by making blockchain easy, fun and powerful for users and developers. And, Skyweaver has the chance to become a groundbreaking video game with its unprecedented player-owned economy, novel gameplay, and an already fervent community during its Private Beta.
While the challenge is hard, we find it incredibly fun. And we have the ingredients to make it happen: a well-capitalized company with some of the best investors in the world (Reddit co-founder, Coinbase), an amazing team of leaders in the blockchain space, engineers who have built widely popular open source, a former top McKinsey strategy consultant, gaming industry veterans, and founders who have built and sold successful companies. You'll get to work with and learn from them all.
About the role
We are looking for a passionate and experienced finance professional to join our rapidly scaling team. The Crypto Finance Manager will take the lead on financial operations, including designing and documenting systems, policies and procedures as well as periodic internal finance tasks. The Manager will be responsible for measuring and generating financial impact using internal policies.
The Manager will work alongside senior management and other members of the finance team to fulfill their responsibilities. They will report to the CFO, and work closely with the CFO and the team to ensure that financial goals are on track, as well as ensure the smooth implementation of planned internal objectives.
The role will involve the Manager applying conventional internal finance principles to a crypto/blockchain environment, dealing with concepts such as treasury and risk management in a completely different paradigm with the blockchain.
The Crypto Finance Manager has the opportunity to make a massive impact in a fast-scaling company and become a leader in one of the most promising emerging sectors in the world, alongside a team of rockstars looking to do the same. If you’re looking to make a splash in an exciting industry at a company poised for strong growth, we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll be doing
Preparing and using collateral to develop internal finance strategy
- Design and support the documentation of finance operations systems
- Establish the policies and procedures for finance operations
- Work with the CFO, the Director of Finance / Controlling, and other executive team members on Finance operations
Developing and updating financial forecasts/analyses
- Support the CFO, and Director of Finance in the quarterly and yearly forecasting process
- Tie functional goals to budgets and other measurable business outcomes
- Perform ad-hoc analyses with respect to revenue, margin and spend
- Coordinate monthly and quarterly financial reviews with the Director and Accountant
Managing treasury and fiat-crypto operations
- Revenue flow and treasury management for growing portfolio of Crypto and legacy fiat assets
- Manage accounting and reporting of crypto accounts
- Execute weekly liquidation of crypto assets to fiat assets
- Manage other core crypto transactional activities
- 5 years of experience in Accounting, FP&A or Corporate Finance, experience at the Big 4 is an asset
- Experience working in blockchain/crypto or fintech is an asset
- Experience with risk management and internal controls for crypto transactions is a strong asset
- Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office Suite
- Excellent analytical skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- A go-getter – you have an entrepreneurial spirit and act proactively
- Impact oriented – you have the ability to take a macro perspective and grasp the details
- An outstanding team player – you have strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Meticulous – you have a keen eye for detail and are quality-oriented
- Eager to learn – you have a growth mindset and are always looking to improve
- Chance to deliver massive impact at a quickly growing company
- Accelerate your career by joining at the early stages
- Be part of defining Web3, the next generation of the Internet, and creating symbiotic economies where both users and creators share in the value generated by networks
- Work with an outstanding team made of wonderful people who have built and sold successful companies, launched amazing products, and have rich experience in infrastructure, architecture, blockchain, games, finance, investing, strategy, consulting, design, marketing, community, and more.
- New PC, and generous allowance for work-from-home setup
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- We’re conscious about mental health and have modern vacation policies
- We invest in everyone’s personal development and subsidize courses, books, and conferences, so you never stop learning
- Work on hard, big, meaningful problems that can shift markets and culture
- Learn more about our values and the traits we embody at https://careers.horizon.io/
We are committed to diversity
We are committed to diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds, genders and faiths. While we want to build a great game, we also want to build a great team and company. The best way to do that is to attract talented minds from all areas and to have their experience as humans inform their work.