Finance & Business Full TimeOntario
About Horizon Blockchain Games
At Horizon, we’re building a New Dimension where Internet economies are fun, accessible, and for the benefit of all participants.
We have two amazing products to make this real:
Sequence, our Web3 wallet and platform, provides a seamless user and developer experience for Ethereum, NFTs, Web3, DeFi and Dapps.
And Skyweaver, a digital trading card game—powered by Sequence—where players actually own the game items they win and purchase. For the first time, gamers can easily and securely sell and trade their items.
Sequence is poised to drive Web3 adoption on a massive scale by making blockchain easy, fun and powerful for users and developers. And, Skyweaver has the chance to become a groundbreaking video game with its unprecedented player-owned economy, novel gameplay, and an already fervent community during its Private Beta.
While the challenge is hard, we find it incredibly fun. And we have the ingredients to make it happen: a well-capitalized company with some of the best investors in the world (Reddit co-founder, Coinbase), an amazing team of leaders in the blockchain space, engineers who have built widely popular open source, a former top McKinsey strategy consultant, gaming industry veterans, and founders who have built and sold successful companies. You'll get to work with and learn from them all.
We are looking for an eager Office Manager to join and help scale our team. This is an in-person opportunity, where the manager will work on site for 4 days per week in downtown Toronto. At Horizon, we are a blockchain start-up that is scaling rapidly with our recently launched products, Sequence (an easy-to-use, but powerful crypto wallet) and Skyweaver (a highly sophisticated blockchain trading card game), and the Office Manager will be a key part of the organization’s success as we move back to the physical office from remote work.
The Office Manager will work with all of our teams and thus gain a strong understanding of the various organizational functions. The member will manage the facility itself, coordinating suppliers and other vendor relations and will have oversight on company infrastructure such as IT resources and hardware. The office manager will also coordinate meetings for the leadership team, employee events, and on-site training sessions, for example. The office manager will also have the opportunity to support management on other ad-hoc activities such as recruiting, reporting, etc. and will thus get the chance to learn more and advance their career while making an impact.
Horizon Blockchain Games is a workplace where every voice matters, and as such, you will have the opportunity to contribute your ideas in a highly collaborative environment that fosters creativity. This is an opportunity to flex your organizational abilities to manage the site of a very robust and exciting technology company.
What you’ll do
Manage the office and its infrastructure
- Manage the work site/facility, such as support personnel activities
- Manage supplier/vendor relations (e.g. internet, other suppliers)
Organize various professional events
- Offer executive assistance for meeting organization and scheduling
- Organize on-site employee events and training sessions
Perform ad-hoc tasks across various functional areas
- Examples of tasks may range from assisting on recruiting efforts and reporting materials such as organizing invoices
- You may also be tasked with managing company-wide notes or newsletters
What you need
- 2+ years of experience working in Administration or management
- Proficiency with Microsoft office (especially in Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and Google suite
- Knowledge of vendor management systems is an asset
- Post secondary education or certificate in Business or related field is a plus
- Kind, energetic, and dynamic – you create a welcoming environment for the office
- Impact oriented – you have the ability to take a macro perspective and grasp the details
- An outstanding team player – you have strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Organized and meticulous – you have a keen eye for detail and are quality-oriented
- Eager to learn – you have a growth mindset and are always looking to improve
- Accelerate your career by joining at the early stages
- Work with an outstanding team who have built and sold successful companies, launched amazing products, and have rich experience in infrastructure, architecture, blockchain, games, finance, investing, strategy, consulting, design, marketing, community, and more
- Get to work with an outstanding group of diverse international talent as our team comprises of over 15 unique backgrounds and languages
- New PC, and any needed equipment to do your job comfortably
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- We’re conscious about mental health and have modern vacation policies
- We invest in everyone’s personal development and subsidize courses, books, and conferences, so you never stop learning
- Learn more about our values and the traits we embody at https://careers.horizon.io/
We are committed to diversity
We are committed to diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds, genders and faiths. While we want to build a great game, we also want to build a great team and company. The best way to do that is to attract talented minds from all areas and to have their experience as humans inform their work.