EngineeringFull TimeWorldwide (remote)
About Horizon Blockchain Games
At Horizon, we’re building a New Dimension where Internet economies are fun, accessible, and for the benefit of all participants.
We have two amazing products to make this real:
Sequence, our Web3 wallet and platform, provides a seamless user and developer experience for Ethereum, NFTs, Web3, DeFi and Dapps, allowing any web application to integrate with blockchain in two minutes.
And Skyweaver, a digital trading card game—powered by Sequence—where players actually own the game items they win and purchase. For the first time, gamers can easily and securely sell and trade their items.
Skyweaver has the chance to become a groundbreaking TCG with its unprecedented player-owned economy, novel gameplay, and an already fervent community during its Private Beta. And, Sequence is poised to drive Web3 adoption on a massive scale by making blockchain easy, fun and powerful for users and developers.
While the challenge is hard, we find it incredibly fun. And we have the ingredients to make it happen: A well-capitalized company with some of the best investors in the world (Reddit co-founder, Coinbase), an amazing team of leaders in the blockchain space, engineers who have built widely popular open source, a former top McKinsey strategy consultant, gaming industry veterans, and founders who have built and sold successful companies. You'll get to work with and learn from them all.
About the Role
We're looking for someone with experience programming, maintaining, and running our devops stack. We run on Google Cloud, Postgresql on the backend, and our services are written in Go; our entire frontend is written in Typescript.
Given our small team size, you will have the freedom to shape our infrastructure and help direct a fundamental component of our engineering effort. All the while, you will work alongside senior engineers, open source contributors, within a culture that prides itself on craftsmanship and clean design.
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps/SRE role
- 2+ years of experience with GCP (not just basic features)
- Proficiency with infrastructure as code (Terraform, Pulumi)
- Proficiency with configuration management (Ansible, Chef)
- Experience setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Experience building robust monitoring and alerting
- Experience working in high security environment, fintech a big plus
- Strong Linux background
- Comfortable tuning hosted SQL databases (Postgres)
- Chance to deliver massive impact at a small and quickly growing company
- Accelerate your career by joining at the early stages
- Be part of defining Web3, the next generation of the Internet, and creating symbiotic economies where both users and creators share in the value generated by networks
- Work with an outstanding team made of wonderful people who have built and sold successful companies, launched amazing products, and have rich experience in infrastructure, architecture, blockchain, games, finance, investing, strategy, consulting, design, marketing, community, and more.
- Work life balance unlike the “crunch” culture you find at larger studios
- New PC, and generous allowance for work-from-home setup
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- We’re conscious about mental health and have modern vacation policies
- We invest in everyone’s personal development and subsidize courses, books, and conferences, so you never stop learning
- Work on hard, big, meaningful problems that can shift markets
- Learn more about our values and the traits we embody at https://careers.horizon.io/
We are committed to diversity
We are committed to diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds, genders and faiths. While we're building incredible products, we also want to add to our wonderful team and company. The best way to do that is to attract talented folks from all areas and to have their experiences inform their work.