Finance & Business Full TimeOntario
About Horizon Blockchain Games
At Horizon, we’re building a New Dimension where Internet economies are fun, accessible, and for the benefit of all participants.
We have two amazing products to make this real:
Sequence, our Web3 wallet and platform, provides a seamless user and developer experience for Ethereum, NFTs, Web3, DeFi and Dapps.
And Skyweaver, a digital trading card game—powered by Sequence—where players actually own the game items they win and purchase. For the first time, gamers can easily and securely sell and trade their items.
Sequence is poised to drive Web3 adoption on a massive scale by making blockchain easy, fun and powerful for users and developers. And, Skyweaver has the chance to become a groundbreaking video game with its unprecedented player-owned economy, novel gameplay, and an already fervent community during its Private Beta.
While the challenge is hard, we find it incredibly fun. And we have the ingredients to make it happen: a well-capitalized company with some of the best investors in the world (Reddit co-founder, Coinbase), an amazing team of leaders in the blockchain space, engineers who have built widely popular open source, a former top McKinsey strategy consultant, gaming industry veterans, and founders who have built and sold successful companies. You'll get to work with and learn from them all.
We are looking for an eager Technical Recruiter to join and help scale our team. Our team is rapidly expanding, with the full release of our two products, Sequence (a robust, and user-centric crypto wallet), and Skyweaver (an immersive blockchain trading card game).
The Recruiter will work closely with our COO, CFO, and our HR Manager, as well as with technical teams in product and engineering to assess their needs, where they need support. The Recruiter will own the entire recruiting life-cycle for their roles. This involves consulting and developing relationships with hiring managers, creating job descriptions that will generate buzz around our opportunities, to headhunting and interviewing strong candidates. We are looking for someone to be an equal partner with our technical leaders in the recruiting process, and will embrace the challenge of finding and closing top-notch prospects.
Horizon Blockchain Games is a workplace where every voice matters, and as such, you will have the opportunity to contribute your ideas in a highly collaborative environment that fosters creativity. This is an opportunity to flex your ability to source and close leads to drive an efficient organizational structure through its human capital.
What you’ll do
Develop job descriptions and personnel acquisition strategy
- Confer with engineering and other teams to determine their personnel requirements and apply technical knowledge to create strong roles to support and level up the team.
- Work with management to develop an organizational expansion strategy as the company rapidly scales operations
- Maintain current knowledge of blockchain tools and game development frameworks to thoroughly understand and maximize value of the role being created
- Work with the team on building the employer Brand, and some external communication projects as an employer of choice.
- Set and achieve challenging outreach roles
Employ a variety of channels and methodologies to source candidates
- Build a robust talent pipeline by building relationships with prospective candidates to create traction for opportunities at Horizon
- Employ methods such as x-ray strings/boolean searches and others to quickly source candidates who are good fits for our open positions
- Use creative techniques to source and engage passive candidates, communicating strong incentive packages
- Use an omni-channel approach to find talent that may be a good fit for the organization
Manage the recruitment cycle from end to end
- Perform outreach to prospects for open postings
- Administer interviews alongside hiring managers, assisting with technical interview implementation
- Manage candidate relationships pre and post-interview
- Work with legal to create and update employment contracts
- Manage ATS systems – Experience with Greenhouse or Workable is a plus
What you need:
- A bachelor’s degree/diploma in a discipline relating to IT, Human Resources, Business
- 2+ years of experience working in technical recruiting, sourcing for engineering roles such as senior developers, mobile developers, devops etc.
- Knowledge of developer skills, and coding languages. Ability to speak about technical languages and frameworks to connect with candidates.
- Experience with various sourcing techniques (e.g. LinkedIn, job boards, networking events, etc.)
- Ability to create meaningful relationships with hard-to-find candidates
- A go-getter – you have an entrepreneurial spirit and act proactively
- Impact oriented – you have the ability to take a macro perspective and grasp the details
- An outstanding team player – you have strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Meticulous – you have a keen eye for detail and are quality-oriented
- Eager to learn – you have a growth mindset and are always looking to improve
- Chance to deliver massive impact at a quickly growing company
- Accelerate your career by joining at the early stages
- Be part of defining Web3, the next generation of the Internet, and creating symbiotic economies where both users and creators share in the value generated by networks
- Work with an outstanding team made of wonderful people who have built and sold successful companies, launched amazing products, and have rich experience in infrastructure, architecture, blockchain, games, finance, investing, strategy, consulting, design, marketing, community, and more.
- New PC, and generous allowance for work-from-home setup
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- We’re conscious about mental health and have modern vacation policies
- We invest in everyone’s personal development and subsidize courses, books, and conferences, so you never stop learning
- Work on hard, big, meaningful problems that can shift markets and culture
- Learn more about our values and the traits we embody at https://careers.horizon.io/
We are committed to diversity
We are committed to diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds, genders and faiths. While we want to build a great game, we also want to build a great team and company. The best way to do that is to attract talented minds from all areas and to have their experience as humans inform their work.