Business Developer, Sequence – the smartest end-user blockchain wallet in the market
Finance & Business Full TimeWorldwide (remote)
About Horizon Blockchain Games
At Horizon, we’re building a New Dimension where Internet economies are fun, accessible, and for the benefit of all participants.
We have two amazing products to make this real:
Sequence, our Web3 wallet and platform, provides a seamless user and developer experience for Ethereum, NFTs, Web3, DeFi and Dapps.
And Skyweaver, a digital trading card game—powered by Sequence—where players actually own the game items they win and purchase. For the first time, gamers can easily and securely sell and trade their items.
Sequence is poised to drive Web3 adoption on a massive scale by making blockchain easy, fun and powerful for users and developers. And, Skyweaver has the chance to become a groundbreaking video game with its unprecedented player-owned economy, novel gameplay, and an already fervent community during its Private Beta.
While the challenge is hard, we find it incredibly fun. And we have the ingredients to make it happen: a well-capitalized company with some of the best investors in the world (Reddit co-founder, Coinbase), an amazing team of leaders in the blockchain space, engineers who have built widely popular open source, a former top McKinsey strategy consultant, gaming industry veterans, and founders who have built and sold successful companies. You'll get to work with and learn from them all.
About the role
We are looking for a passionate and experienced business developer for our Sequence product. The ideal candidate is deeply interested and knowledgeable about blockchain and the Ethereum ecosystem. A mix of strong business acumen and inclination to stay up-to-date with emerging developments in technology markets is paramount.
You will perform active outreach, maintain relationships with key personnel, and support the integration and promotion of the Sequence wallet. This will involve strategically targeting, engaging and supporting potential leads through the entire sales cycle until adoption. Target companies will presumably be within the DeFi space, digital consumer space, or payment services sector.
This role is cross-functional, and you will work directly with the leadership, Sequence product and engineering teams. As a result of our size, you’ll have direct visibility to product development, finance & strategy, and marketing & communication. It’s a unique opportunity to join a rapidly scaling organization in one of the fastest-growing technology sectors. You will work with a very talented team including some of the world's best blockchain engineers building unique digital products that will transform Web3.
You will also have the chance to learn directly from highly accomplished colleagues every day, and both personal and professional development are two key pillars of our organization’s culture.
Your day may involve working with our CFO, finance, strategy, product and blockchain research teams to understand and shape the continuous development of product strategy; discussions with external blockchain/web3 leaders to understand their needs and how Sequence can serve them; and conveying Sequence’s value proposition and creating tailored use cases for prospects.
You will have the opportunity to make an impact in a fast-scaling sector, with the potential to affect hundreds of millions of people around the world. You will be a key asset in making web3 accessible to the people.
If you’re as excited about Ethereum as we are, love a challenge, and have a deep sense of ownership over your work, we’d love to hear from you.
What you’ll be doing
Becoming an expert:
- Develop a strong knowledge base in the Ethereum and blockchain ecosystem
- Understand how our product, Sequence, can unleash significant value for key prospects
- Keep up with trends and developments in the blockchain and finance industries
- Develop an outstanding network within the Ethereum and blockchain DeFi space
- Participate in blockchain/crypto conventions with relevant opportunities to build relationships and develop future opportunities
Strategy side decision-making:
- Work with leadership team on go-to-market strategy
- Identify and rank the best business targets to adopt Sequence
- Develop business and contractor strategy
Managing key relationships:
- Perform outreach to contact target prospects
- Establish relationships with leadership teams and founders worldwide and attempt to work with them to drive adoption of the Sequence wallet for their customers / services
- Lead partners through the onboarding process, ensuring a smooth transition
- Own client relationships from onboarding until adoption and use of the Sequence wallet
Research and analyze business prospects:
- Research and prepare business cases for prospects
- Develop ROI and revenue projections for prospects considering adopting Sequence
- Some experience in Tech Sector – work or internship related, or non-work related
- Passionate about Ethereum, understanding of blockchain, and DeFi
- Business-related degree, with outstanding academic grades
- Strong structured thinking skills
- Experience in consulting/strategy/business development is an strong asset
- Outstanding business acumen
- Solid tech knowledge
- Software development experience is a strong asset, but not required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with deck creation and building business cases
- Experience with MS Office Suite
- Very strong organizational skills
- A go-getter – you have an entrepreneurial spirit and act proactively
- Impact oriented – you have the ability to take a macro perspective and grasp the details
- An outstanding team player – you have strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Meticulous – you have a keen eye for detail and are quality-oriented
- Eager to learn – you have a growth mindset and are always looking to improve
- Chance to deliver massive impact at a quickly growing company
- Accelerate your career by joining at the early stages
- Be part of defining Web3, the next generation of the Internet, and creating symbiotic economies where both users and creators share in the value generated by networks
- Work with an outstanding team made of wonderful people who have built and sold successful companies, launched amazing products, and have rich experience in infrastructure, architecture, blockchain, games, finance, investing, strategy, consulting, design, marketing, community, and more.
- New PC, and generous allowance for work-from-home setup
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- We’re conscious about mental health and have modern vacation policies
- We invest in everyone’s personal development and subsidize courses, books, and conferences, so you never stop learning
- Work on hard, big, meaningful problems that can shift markets and culture
- Learn more about our values and the traits we embody at https://careers.horizon.io/
We are committed to diversity
We are committed to diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds, genders and faiths. While we want to build a great game, we also want to build a great team and company. The best way to do that is to attract talented minds from all areas and to have their experience as humans inform their work.