Senior Software Developer (React)
EngineeringFull TimeWorldwide (remote)
About Horizon Blockchain Games
At Horizon, we’re building a New Dimension where Internet economies are fun, accessible, and for the benefit of all participants.
We have two amazing products to make this real:
Sequence, our Web3 wallet and platform, provides a seamless user and developer experience for Ethereum, NFTs, Web3, DeFi and Dapps, allowing any web application to integrate with blockchain in two minutes.
And Skyweaver, a digital trading card game—powered by Sequence—where players actually own the game items they win and purchase. For the first time, gamers can easily and securely sell and trade their items.
Skyweaver has the chance to become a groundbreaking TCG with its unprecedented player-owned economy, novel gameplay, and an already fervent community during its Private Beta. And, Sequence is poised to drive Web3 adoption on a massive scale by making blockchain easy, fun and powerful for users and developers.
While the challenge is hard, we find it incredibly fun. And we have the ingredients to make it happen: A well-capitalized company with some of the best investors in the world (Reddit co-founder, Coinbase), an amazing team of leaders in the blockchain space, engineers who have built widely popular open source, a former top McKinsey strategy consultant, gaming industry veterans, and founders who have built and sold successful companies. You'll get to work with and learn from them all.
About the Role
We're looking for a Senior Front End Developer with React.js experience.
Our culture values craftsmanship: As a senior developer, you’ll be architecting, building, and maintaining our React codebase. You choose designs that are corrrect, and not just expedient. While we embrace the hacker ethos, we aim to build scalable, cleanly written code that's extensible, and easy-to-read for others. You take pride in your craft.
A self-driven and open-minded developer committed to continued growth will thrive best in this role. While our team is small, you’ll work alongside some of the best engineers, open source contributors, and as part of a company dedicated to your success. You will learn a lot and have the opportunity to make a massive impact.
- Architect, build, and maintain the Skyweaver and Sequence React codebase
- Design architectural foundations that are robust and sound, so that future engineers can build on your work with ease and speed
- Evolve our toolchain and build process as needed to move quickly, and effectively
- Work closely with our design, engineering, and product teams, to plan and execute on our product roadmap
- Write unit & integration tests
What we look for
- 4+ years of professional experience working with React.js & Typescript
- Meaningful experience working on large, complex systems
- Ability to take extreme ownership over your work
- Ability to work through new and difficult React issues and contribute to libraries as needed
- Ability to create and maintain continuous integration and delivery of React applications
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, for effective written and verbal communication
- A passion for software development and a commitment to continued learning and growth
- Collaborative and open-minded
- Chance to deliver massive impact at a small and quickly growing company
- Accelerate your career by joining at the early stages
- Be part of defining Web3, the next generation of the Internet, and creating symbiotic economies where both users and creators share in the value generated by networks
- Work with an outstanding team made of wonderful people who have built and sold successful companies, launched amazing products, and have rich experience in infrastructure, architecture, blockchain, games, finance, investing, strategy, consulting, design, marketing, community, and more.
- Work life balance unlike the “crunch” culture you find at larger studios
- New PC, and generous allowance for work-from-home setup
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- We’re conscious about mental health and have modern vacation policies
- We invest in everyone’s personal development and subsidize courses, books, and conferences, so you never stop learning
- Work on hard, big, meaningful problems that can shift markets and culture
- Learn more about our values and the traits we embody at https://careers.horizon.io/
We are committed to diversity
We are committed to diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds, genders and faiths. While we're building incredible products, we also want to add to our wonderful team and company. The best way to do that is to attract talented folks from all areas and to have their experiences inform their work.