Technical Writer (Sequence)
About Horizon Blockchain Games
At Horizon, we’re building a New Dimension where Internet economies are fun, accessible, and for the benefit of all participants.
We have two amazing products to make this real:
Skyweaver, a digital trading card game—powered by blockchain—where players actually own the game items they win and purchase. For the first time, gamers can easily and securely sell and trade their items.
And Sequence, our Web3 wallet and platform, provides a seamless user and developer experience for Ethereum, NFTs, Web3, DeFi and Dapps, allowing any web application to integrate with blockchain in two minutes. Sequence makes it easy for users, developers and companies to access and build the next generation of Internet economies and experiences.
Skyweaver has the chance to become a groundbreaking TCG with its unprecedented player-owned economy, novel gameplay, and an already fervent community during its Private Beta. And, Sequence is poised to drive Web3 adoption on a massive scale by making blockchain easy, fun and powerful for users and developers.
While the challenge is hard, we find it incredibly fun. And we have the outstanding ingredients to make it happen: a well-capitalized company with some of the best investors in the world (Reddit co-founder, Coinbase), an amazing team of leaders in the blockchain space, engineers who have built widely popular open source, a former top McKinsey strategy consultant, and founders who have built and sold successful companies. You'll get to work with and learn from them all.
If you connect with our mission, want to collaborate with wonderful teammates in a caring culture, and are looking for the chance to deliver massive impact at a fast moving startup committed to redefining the Internet as we know it, we’d love to hear from you! You can learn more at https://horizon.io
About the role
As a Technical Writer, you will be responsible for writing great documentation for Sequence, our blockchain infrastructure platform.
You'll make our educational materials and documentation clear, easy to understand, organized, and allow developers to onboard to Sequence with ease. You will collaborate with our development team, working with them to understand the technical design and abilities of the platform. You'll also need to understand our end customers--software developers--and listen to their needs.
Most of all, you are a great communicator: an experienced technical writer who explains complex topics in a simple way, and you're able to organize and structure our content to allow developers to onboard quickly, and find pleasure in our platform.
What you’ll do
- Produce documentation for our APIs and client libraries
- Produce educational material to help developers understand Sequence and blockchain
- Help organize our material to be readable, searchable, and understandable
- Help our community answer any documentation-related questions
- Continuously improve our documentation tools
- Standardize our documentation style, so developers have a consistent experience
Skills & experience
- You have worked at other companies managing and producing their technical documentation
- Excellent communication ability, both written and verbal
- The ability to communicate complex topics using simple, plain language
- Deep understanding of grammar, and a succinct writing style that favors effective communication
- Highly organized, and are able to prioritize multiple projects
- Experience with programming, either as an engineer or with side projects; you understand the “language” of developers
- Ability to run static site generation software from the command line in Mac or Linux
- Growth mindset, with an appetite to learn
- Chance to deliver massive impact at a small and quickly growing company
- Accelerate your career by joining at the early stages
- Be part of defining Web3, the next generation of the Internet, and creating symbiotic economies where both users and creators share in the value generated by networks
- Work with an outstanding team made of wonderful people who have built and sold successful companies, launched amazing products, and have rich experience in infrastructure, architecture, blockchain, games, finance, investing, strategy, consulting, design, marketing, community, and more.
- Competitive compensation
- We’re conscious about mental health and have modern vacation policies
- We invest in everyone’s personal development and subsidize courses, books, and conferences, so you never stop learning
- Work on hard, big, meaningful problems that can shift markets
- Learn more about our values and the traits we embody at https://careers.horizon.io/
We are committed to diversity
We are committed to diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds, genders and faiths. While we want to build a great game, we also want to build a great team, and company. The best way to do that is to attract talented minds from all areas and to have their experience as humans inform their work.