Senior Game Producer
NOTE: This position is remote (+/- 3hr EST)
About Horizon Blockchain Games
At Horizon, we’re building a New Dimension where Internet economies are fun, accessible, and for the benefit of all participants.
We have two amazing products to make this real:
Skyweaver, a digital trading card game—powered by blockchain—where players actually own the game items they win and purchase. For the first time, gamers can easily and securely sell and trade their items.
And Sequence, our Web3 wallet and platform, provides a seamless user and developer experience for Ethereum, NFTs, Web3, DeFi and Dapps, allowing any web application to integrate with blockchain in two minutes. Sequence makes it easy for users, developers and companies to access and build the next generation of Internet economies and experiences.
Skyweaver has the chance to become a groundbreaking TCG with its unprecedented player-owned economy, novel gameplay, and an already fervent community during its Private Beta. And, Sequence is poised to drive Web3 adoption on a massive scale by making blockchain easy, fun and powerful for users and developers.
While the challenge is hard, we find it incredibly fun. And we have the outstanding ingredients to make it happen: a well-capitalized company with some of the best investors in the world (Reddit co-founder, Coinbase), an amazing team of leaders in the blockchain space, engineers who have built widely popular open source, a former top McKinsey strategy consultant, and founders who have built and sold successful companies. You'll get to work with and learn from them all.
If you connect with our mission, want to collaborate with wonderful teammates in a caring culture, and are looking for the chance to deliver massive impact at a fast moving startup committed to redefining the Internet as we know it, we’d love to hear from you! You can learn more at https://horizon.io
About the role
As a Senior Producer at Horizon, you will have the unique opportunity to own the development and launch of Skyweaver from Day 1. You will work to deliver a commercially successful trading card game that already has 47,000 created accounts, and a waitlist of 180,000 players.
Most excitingly, you’ll be part of defining something innovative, as we create a new market category of blockchain games--something no one has done.
This role is important, and you have the opportunity to make a massive impact at the company. Unlike larger studios, our team is small, and your decisions will carry weight. You will work closely with senior leaders, and work 1-1 with our Game Designer, Head of Design, Director of Product, CFO, and CEO, on a daily basis. You’ll have direct visibility into the company and its strategy, and we expect you to be intimately involved in those discussions.
You will work closely with our Leadership team to construct our product strategy. You will be the main product owner, owning the product plan, and be responsible for the product features and content planning and definition.
You will oversee product timelines, releases, scheduling, building processes, and QA of the whole game. You will prepare and provide accurate reports to management to ensure a tight delivery schedule and accurate overall production schedule. You will use your experience on the front lines to improve efficiencies, communication and quality. The Senior Producer will function as a main hub of information between the Programmers, Designers, Management and the rest of the company.
Also, you’ll be responsible to implement the monetization goals into a set of specific and detailed monetization measures, and follow through their implementation. You’ll be challenged to creatively tie things together: Connecting Skyweaver’s vision with our commercial targets, understanding the market and gamers we look to serve, and translate it into a product plan schedule you have built.
An understanding of what makes games fun and successful, will be crucial. As you guide the product team to deliver excellent interactive entertainment with cutting-edge blockchain technology, you’ll lean on your experience to ask the right questions. Who are the best performing cohorts? How might we improve retention? What features connect strongly with our strategy, and which others should we leave for now? You will be supported by a talented team to make it happen.
- Chance to deliver massive impact at a small and growing company, owning one of its flagship products
- Accelerate your career by joining at the early stages
- Be part of defining Web3, the next generation of the Internet, and creating a new market category of blockchain games
- Work with an outstanding team made of wonderful people who have built and sold successful companies, launched amazing products, and have rich experience in infrastructure, architecture, blockchain, games, finance, investing, strategy, consulting, design, marketing, community, and more.
- Work life balance unlike the “crunch” culture you find at larger studios
- New PC, and generous allowance for work-from-home setup
- Competitive salary, and equity package
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- We’re conscious about mental health and have modern vacation policies
- We invest in everyone’s personal development and subsidize courses, books, and conferences, so you never stop learning
- Work on hard, big, meaningful problems that can shift markets
- Learn more about our values and the traits we embody at https://careers.horizon.io/
- 5 years of production experience on a shipped console, PC, or mobile game
- Demonstrated track record to deliver major projects (quality standards, budget constraints and effective team output) on time, and within budget
- In-depth knowledge of ARM (acquisition, retention, monetization) model for games
- Experience and working knowledge of game monetization best practices. Ability to successfully partner across all levels of a team and organization
- Excellent leadership skills and interpersonal communication skills; Strong ability to lead and motivate a team
- Excellent organizational skills with experience in project delivery methodologies like Agile, Scrum, etc.
- Good understanding of the work of each stakeholder and job family involved in game production: designers, artists, programmers, Live Operations, Quality Assurance, etc.
- Must be self-directed, detail oriented, and a problem solver with a burning desire to contribute to a uniquely creative environment
- Passion for games, an understanding of the industry, and the knowledge of what makes great interactive entertainment
- Experience with free-to-play and/or TCG genre
- Experience in at least one area of game development (e.g., design, art, engineering, etc.)
- Work closely with our CEO, Director of Product, and Head of Design to understand Skyweaver’s overall vision and plans for blockchain technology, while staying true to its look and feel
- Provide input to key decision makers and participate in the decision making process
- Align with our CFO on our P&L, and commercial targets for Skyweaver
- Translate the vision and commercial goals into a coherent, high-level roadmap and product strategy (game features, milestones, etc.), and objectives to realize and deliver the vision of Skyweaver
- Incorporate data-driven insights into product strategy development, drawing from internal user research, market reports, product analytics
- Effectively communicate the roadmap to the Leadership, and production teams (designers, engineers, game developers, artists)
- Working with Leadership, define the operational properties of project development, including development processes, production planning, status reporting, risk management, resource management, and budgets
- Maintain organizational and operational responsibilities. Oversee and mentor key areas of scheduling, staffing, process, and time management
- Define production metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs), set standards and best practices to drive excellence for the project
- Provide clear, timely, and regular communications to ensure that the development team and key stakeholders are engaged and production goals are well understood
- Identify and/or remove any roadblocks to projects hitting quality and schedule goals
- Collaborate across many internal groups, including Engineering, Marketing, Operations, Finance, and with our Head of Design to get feedback and data on the project
- Help coach a team of artists, game designers and developers
- Knowledge of Apple and Google app stores is a plus
- Knowledge of web and brower technologies
- Ensure the game meets high quality standards by conducting play tests
- Provide perspective on and validate our growth model regarding our KPIs as they relate to acquisition, retention, and monetization
- Navigate and iterate our growth model, together with Leadership and our CFO, under the unique constraints of creating open player economies using blockchain technology
We are committed to diversity
We are committed to diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds, genders and faiths. While we want to build a great game, we also want to build a great team, and company. The best way to do that is to attract talented minds from all areas and to have their experience as humans inform their work.