Domestic Violence Intervention & Resource Team Case Manager
Domestic Violence Intervention & Resource Team Case Manager with HomeFront
Trust, Respect, Creativity, Integrity, Commitment,
HomeFront is a leading agency in the area of coordinated community response to domestic violence in Canada. Our mission is to create a safer community for all, through the elimination of domestic violence in our city. HomeFront works in close collaboration with Calgary Police Service, Crown Prosecutors, Calgary Probation Officers, Children's Services & various community resources to provide wrap around service to our clients. HomeFront clients represent a cross section of our cities population and our services are open to all genders, ages, and the broadest definition of domestic relationships (intimate, parent/child, extended family etc.). HomeFront is committed to a culture based on Trust, Respect, Creativity, Integrity and Commitment in relation to how we work as a team, with our clients and with our partners.
We are currently looking for an exceptional individual to join our case management team who will bring a diverse skill set in the area of client service and are interested in focusing those skills in the area of domestic violence intervention.
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a well-developed client work practice including rapport building and interview skills; a keen interest and foundational knowledge of domestic violence and the justice system; have excellent communication skills for over the phone client support and written case notes; proven ability to create key working relationships and advocate on behalf of clients; have the ability to create clear boundaries, model healthy relationships and self-care practices; ability to work under tight deadlines with efficiency and determination; superior organization and prioritization skills; ability to demonstrate skillful experience in crisis situations and safety planning. Knowlege of Indigenous cultures protocols, traditions and languages would be an asset.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
· Contact clients via phone from initial call to introduce program supports through to ending of the client relationship
· Complete intakes with clients: exploring abuse history, risk factors and provide recommendations to agency partners to aid the current justice process
· Provide information on the justice process and domestic violence, complete referrals and provide safety planning with clients
· Ensuring confidentiality protocols are followed and communicated to HomeFront clients
· Attend court and support clients throughout the justice process, giving updates to clients and to justice partners as factors progress/change throughout the process
· Liaison with Children's Services, ensuring they are aware of domestic incident and client status.
· Ability to balance team support while maintaining an individual caseload
· Other duties as required
· Dedication to the optimal health of the case management via commitment and demonstration of HomeFront values
· Work collaboratively with professionals from a range of different disciplines; Calgary Police Service, Children's Services, Crown Prosecutors, Calgary Community Corrections and various community agencies, etc.
· Provide updates and feedback to partners within HomeFront and professional protocols to ensure effective wrap around service for our clients
Competencies: (knowledge, skills, abilities)
· Strong knowledge regarding community support systems and resources
· Disposition for seeking to understand and serving others
· Demonstrated ability to handle high caseloads and competing demands
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently
· Maintain professional demeanor with all team members and working partners
· Excellent organizational, verbal & written communication skills
· Well-developed, non-judgmental, listening skills
· Knowledge and ability to create safety plans
· Good understanding of the justice system is an asset
· Creative problem solving skills
· Confident with basic office computer skills; database experience is an asset
· BA Criminal Justice, BSW or BA in social services field with minimum 1-2 years’ experience, or diploma in related discipline and minimum 2-3 years’ experience
· Experience working with law enforcement, Calgary and Area Children's Services and/or the justice system considered an asset
· Experience in short-term crisis intervention situations preferred
· Bilingual or multilingual abilities considered a strong asset
HomeFront believes that diversity adds value to our agency and benefits our clients. We strive to hire team members who reflect the rich array of diverse cultures, beliefs, and values that are part of the broad community. Knowledge of Indigenous cultures, protocols, traditions and languages would be considered an asset.
All program positions within HomeFront require an Enhanced Calgary Police Service Security Clearance, which involves a background check on you, your immediate family and anyone you have lived with for the past 10 years. This clearance requires candidates to have lived in Canada for a minimum of 3 years.
This clearance takes 3-6 weeks to have completed. A Calgary and Area Children's Services Intervention Check is also required. Both of these clearances are required to come back successful before a position may be offered.
Position Type: Full-time position, with employee and employer paid benefits including an RRSP match program & professional development fund.
Salary Range: $42,000 to $46,000
Estimated Start Date: Early May, 2019, based upon successful completion of interview, reference checks, mandatory CPS security clearance and child intervention check (approx. 6 weeks wait time)
Probationary Period: Standard 3 months
How to Apply:
To apply for this posting please click the apply link below to submit your resume with a cover letter explaining in 200 to 250 words what motivated you to apply for this position to Stephanie Shield, Program Coordinator
Application Deadline: March 20, 2019
Thank you in advance to all interested applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.