Software Developer (Coop - Starting in Summer)
DevelopmentFull TimeSt. John's, NL
Who We Are
HeyOrca is on a mission to help agencies take back their day. Our social media marketing solutions eliminate busy work so agencies can focus entirely on their clients. Today, over 500 marketing agencies use HeyOrca to streamline their content planning and client approvals workflow. Based in St. John’s and Toronto, we are growing fast and looking to build our teams with the best and brightest talent.
Learn more about us:
As a fast-growing tech startup in Canada, we started to emphasize resourcefulness and efficiency to keep up with our expanding customer base. Thus, we recently created a small and agile team dedicated to building tools and automations for our employees to make them happier and more efficient. With this team's success and the exciting upcoming projects, we want to expand this team!
This team constantly delivers small-medium projects with a variety of different technologies: from a web-based admin panel for the customer support team to a bash script to automate a setup process. If you are already familiar with a few different technologies but want to learn more about software engineering, cloud architectures, tech startups and how to work in a team; this is for you.
This is a full-time COOP position starting in Summer for university/college students. Successful candidates might be offered a full-time position towards the end of their coop.
- You are familiar with Git, a web stack, a scripting language, and SQL databases
- You are eager to improve by getting feedback from senior engineers
- You are comfortable with dedicating time to learning new technologies on top of your day to day responsibilities
- You value teamwork, collaboration, and accountability
- You are comfortable switching direction and focus frequently
- You are comfortable delivering with tight deadlines
- Already living around St. John's, NL or willing to relocate
Nice to have:
- Familiar with: REST APIs, Laravel, React.js
- Familiar with AWS or other cloud providers
- Familiar with Agile/SCRUM
Not Sure Yet?
We are a 4-year old SaaS company founded in Newfoundland, Canada. We owe our success to our team and their dedication to our values:
- Competitiveness: You don't settle for second best and want to win
- Humility: You understand how you can improve
- Empathy: You feel for your customers and your team
- Execution: You value hard work and action over words
- Resourcefulness: You know how to get things done efficiently
- Self-improvement: You are motivated by improving yourself
HeyOrca is the right place for you, if:
- You are eager to grow by being challenged with new responsibilities and problems day to day
- You are not shook by the chaos and uncertainty of a small company and its challenges
- You can manage your work in the absence of direction or help
- You want to grow with the company and become part of the core team when there are many more of us
At the end of the day, a company is only the sum of its people. We want amazing people like you to be part of this, grow with us and have a fulfilling career. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sahand, CTO & Co-Founder @HeyOrca