Client ServiceFull TimeToronto, ON
We are on the hunt for a passionate, hard-working Account Coordinator who wants to work with amazing people and amazing brands.
If you’re interested in joining a bustling indie agency and consider yourself to be curious, eager to learn and motivated to contribute to great work you may just be our newest team member. We are hiring for the role of Account Coordinator, Public Relations and looking for a candidate with 6-18 months of experience in public relations. While our clients span multiple categories, someone with a passion for: food, health and wellness, home décor, beauty and/or parenting categories would be ideal, but not mandatory.
A little bit about us:
Harbinger is an independently owned communications agency with deep expertise in launching brands, products and purpose in Canada. We opened our doors as a public relations agency over 30 years ago, and have partnered with clients across multiple industries including: food & beverage, beauty & personal care, kids & parenting, agriculture & commodities, home décor, financial and not‑for‑profit – ever since.
We are a nimble team of leading content strategists, media and influencer specialists, creatives and dedicated client service partners. We love what we do and our clients do too, which is why we’re looking for you!
What we offer:
- A dynamic agency environment with a tier one client roster and supportive team culture
- Competitive salary and compensation package including: three weeks paid vacation, one week December holiday closure (dates flexible to accommodate individual observances), summer Fridays and lieu day allowances
- Flexible Health Benefits plan
- Hybrid-model work approach (4 days remote, 1 day in-office) with downtown Toronto office location
- Professional Development program, employee training commitment and growth opportunities
- Employee perks and monthly discretionary pay.
A lot about you:
The successful candidate will be:
- Educated in the field of media/influencer relations and have 6-12 months experience in public relations (previously in an internship or coordinator role).
- Willing to support the client service team across accounts to fulfill the needs of the agency.
- Resourceful and have an understanding of monitoring tools related to traditional media and social media analytics.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all types of traditional and social media (i.e.: broadcast, print, online, bloggers, vloggers, TikTok, Meta, YouTube, Pinterest, and emerging new social media outlets).
- Have a great attitude, a desire to learn and contribute and a curious, creative mindset.
In this role your tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Working closely with Client Service Manager/Account Executive and other team members to execute details program plans as needed
- Attending team meetings to understand the details of the program and assigned role(s); escalating to the CSM/AE if more information is required
- Attending calls and meetings/presentations as required; may need to input into status documents or provide summary notes
- Use of social media tools to assist in social listening and gathering data -for existing or new business
- Help developing influencer and spokespeople recommendations and supporting the team with research
- Assisting with pitches and list development for both traditional media and influencers
- Monitoring and track results using MRP data and other tools and create coverage reports
- Coordinating mailings for consumer/media/influencer opportunities
- Coordinating logistics related to account needs (sourcing for photo shoots, media kits etc.)
- Overall support for account such as working with various suppliers and partners
- Account administration such as arranging couriers, research related to account needs
- Using/leveraging: MRP, Cision, Meltwater, Klear or related influencer platform and/or other similar tools and platforms.
Skills matter, but fit does too, so if you’re unsure don’t hesitate. Send us a cover letter (let us know why you?!) and your resume and we’ll reach out if we think you could be a match.
Harbinger is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace, creating a culture where everyone can bring their true selves to work.
If you require an accommodation to the hiring process, please let us know.