Public Relations Account Manager (Client Service Manager)
Client ServiceFull TimeToronto, ON
Our business is growing and we’re looking to add another superstar to our bench!
If you’re interested in joining a bustling indie agency and consider yourself to be creative, collaborative and motivated you may just be our newest team member. We are hiring for the role of Account Manager, Public Relations (AKA: Client Service Manager) and looking for a candidate with 4-5 years of experience in public relations. Candidates with similar experience in the fields of marketing, advertising, communications or project management are also encouraged to apply. While our clients span multiple categories, someone with a passion for (and experience in): food, health and wellness, and/or parenting categories would be ideal.
A little bit about us:
Harbinger is an independently owned communications agency with deep expertise in launching brands, products and purpose in Canada. We opened our doors as a public relations agency over 30 years ago, and have partnered with clients across multiple industries including: food & beverage, beauty & personal care, kids & parenting, agriculture & commodities, home décor, financial and not‑for‑profit – ever since.
We are a nimble team of leading content strategists, media and influencer specialists, creatives and dedicated client service partners. We love what we do and our clients do too, which is why we’re looking for you!
What we offer:
- A dynamic agency environment with a tier one client roster and supportive team culture
- Competitive salary and compensation package including paid vacation, summer Fridays and lieu day allowances
- Flexible Health Benefits plan
- Hybrid-model work approach (4 days remote, 1 day in-office) with downtown Toronto office location
- Professional Development program, employee training commitment and growth opportunities
- Employee perks and cell phone reimbursement
A lot about you:
The successful candidate will be:
- The dedicated day-to-day account lead for their assigned clients/brands.
- Responsible for driving account and program strategy and working in partnership with Directors/VPs to proactively and reactively optimize for success and impact.
- Accountable for developing and leading execution of client programs including: media relations and influencer campaigns, social and community management, events, digital communications and facilitating the creative process.
- A leader who is willing to coach junior team members though positive mentorship and training.
- Someone who is attentive to details, including: content accuracy, diligent when it comes to grammar and spelling, thorough and responsive to feedback.
- A solutions-driven problem solver and critical thinker who is able to effectively and efficiently pivot approach when needed.
- A curious marketer with a desire to learn, contribute and grow with our agency and passion for what they do every day.
- A great attitude and genuine desire to be successful and help their team be successful.
You should also have experience in:
- Public Relations – at least 4-5 years in an agency role or similar experience in marketing, advertising, communications or project management. Food-related category work, may include: packaged goods, beverages, frozen, nutrition/health platforms or organizations, etc. Experience working with agriculture or trade association clients is a bonus, but not a must.
- Media strategy and outreach, including: key message development, list & materials development, monitoring, pitching and accountability for achievement of coverage targets.
- Influencer marketing (as this role will be working closely with our Influencer Marketing Specialist to deliver industry-leading influencer programs and partnerships) including: working collaboratively with content partners, contract and content guidelines development and execution, accurate monitoring, tracking and analytics, earned and paid program approaches.
- Best-in-class client counsel and relationship management.
- Working collaboratively and effectively with inter-agency teams and/or partners.
- Planning and leading the coordination of events, including media and consumer focused activations.
- Social strategy and best practice (this role will be working closely with our Social & Digital Marketing Specialist to lead planning and execution of social strategy, content calendars, community management, etc.)
- Strong writing skills, including long- and short-form copy, pitch writing, social content, etc.
- Using/leveraging: MRP, Cision, Meltwater, Klear or related influencer platform and/or other similar tools and platforms.
Skills matter, but fit does too, so if you’re unsure don’t hesitate. Send us a cover letter (let us know why you?!) and your resume and we’ll reach out if we think you could be a match.
Harbinger is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace, creating a culture where everyone can bring their true selves to work. If you require an accommodation to the hiring process, please let us know.