Account Coordinator - Public Relations
Client ServiceFull TimeToronto, ON
Our team is growing! We are on the hunt for a passionate, hard-working Public Relations Account Coordinator who wants to work with amazing people and amazing brands.
A little bit about us:
Harbinger is an independently owned communications agency with deep expertise in launching brands, products and purpose in Canada. We opened our doors as a public relations agency over 30 years ago, and have partnered with clients across multiple industries including: food & beverage, beauty & personal care, kids & parenting, agriculture & commodities, financial and not‑for‑profit – ever since.
We are a nimble team of leading content strategists, media and influencer specialists, creatives and dedicated client service partners. We love what we do and our clients do too, which is why we’re looking for you!
We offer competitive salary, health benefits, perks and flexible work environment (80% remote 20% in office at our downtown Toronto location).
A lot about you:
The successful candidate will be:
- Educated in the field of media/influencer relations and have 6-12 months experience in public relations (previously in an internship or coordinator role).
- Willing to support the client service team across accounts to fulfill the needs of the agency.
- Resourceful and have an understanding of monitoring tools related to traditional media and social media analytics.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of all types of traditional and social media (i.e.: broadcast, print, online, bloggers, vloggers, TikTok, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube, and emerging new social media outlets).
- Have a great attitude, a desire to learn and contribute and a curious, creative mindset.
In this role your tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with Client Service Manager and other team members to execute details program plans as needed
- Attend team meetings to understand the details of the program and assigned role(s); escalating to the CSM if more information is required
- Attend calls and meetings/presentations as required; may need to input into status documents or provide summary notes
- Use social media tools to assist in social listening and gathering data -for existing or new business
- Help formulate influencer and spokespeople recommendations to support the team via back end research
- Assist with pitches and list development for both traditional media and influencers
- Monitor and track results using MRP data and other tools and create coverage reports
- Coordinate mailings for consumer/media/influencer opportunities
- Logistics related to account needs (sourcing for photo shoots, media kits etc.)
- Overall support for account such as working with various suppliers and partners
- Account administration such as arranging couriers, research related to account needs
Skills matter, but fit does too, so if you’re unsure don’t hesitate. Send us a cover letter (let us know why you?!) and your resume and we’ll reach out if we think you could be a match.