Client ServiceFull TimeToronto, ON
Our business is growing and we’re looking to add another superstar to our bench!
If you’re interested in joining a bustling indie agency and consider yourself to be creative, collaborative and motivated you may just be our newest team member. We are hiring for the role of Account Manager (AKA: Client Service Manager) and looking for a candidate with 3-5 years of public relations experience. While our clients span multiple categories, someone with a passion for (and experience in): food, health and wellness and/or parenting categories would be ideal.
A little bit about us:
Harbinger is an independently owned communications agency with deep expertise in launching brands, products and purpose in Canada. We opened our doors as a public relations agency over 30 years ago, and have partnered with clients across multiple industries including: food & beverage, beauty & personal care, kids & parenting, agriculture & commodities, financial and not‑for‑profit – ever since.
We are a nimble team of leading content strategists, media and influencer specialists, creatives and dedicated client service partners. We love what we do and our clients do too, which is why we’re looking for you!
A lot about you:
The successful candidate will be:
- The dedicated day-to-day account lead for their assigned clients/brands.
- Responsible for driving account and program strategy and working in partnership with Directors/VPs to proactively and reactively optimize for success and impact.
- Accountable for developing and leading execution of client programs including: media relations and influencer campaigns, social and community management, events, digital communications and facilitating the creative process.
- A leader who is willing to coach junior team members though positive mentorship and training.
- A solutions-driven problem solver and critical thinker who is able to effectively and efficiently pivot approach when needed.
- A curious marketer with a desire to learn, contribute and grow with our agency and passion for what they do every day.
- A great attitude and genuine desire to be successful and help their team be successful.
They also must have proven experience in:
- Public Relations – at least 3-5 years in an agency role (related marketing experience will be a bonus!)
- Food-related category experience, may include: Packaged goods, beverages, frozen, nutrition/health platforms or organizations, etc. Experience working with agriculture/commodity clients is a bonus, but not a must.
- Media strategy and outreach (including: key message development, list & materials development, monitoring, pitching and accountability for achievement of coverage targets).
- Influencer marketing (including working collaboratively with content partners, contract and content guidelines development and execution, accurate monitoring, tracking and analytics, earned and paid program approaches).
- Best-in-class client counsel and relationship management.
- Working collaboratively and effectively with inter-agency teams and/or partners.
- Planning and leading the coordination of events, including media and consumer focused activations.
- Social strategy and best practice. Experience in content calendar development and community management is an asset.
- Strong writing skills, including long and short form copy, pitch writing, social content, etc.
- Using/leveraging: MRP, Cision, Meltwater, HYPR and/or other related tools and platforms.
Skills matter, but fit does too, so if you’re unsure don’t hesitate. Send us a cover letter (let us know why you?!) and your resume and we’ll reach out if we think you could be a match.