Participant Success Specialist (Bilingual)
Innovation ProgramsFull TimeOntario
Major Areas of Responsibility:
We are looking for a diligent, creative participant success specialist who has a passion for innovation and who wants to do big things to help grow our company by helping grow our clients’ business.
If you relish the challenge of being part of a team that is truly dynamic, and that leverages the power of challenges, hackathons, bootcamps and workshops to drive innovation, this role may be for you. If you are proactive, creative, detail-oriented with extremely strong task management and communication skills, read on!
- Lead the outreach to and support of participants of our challenges and hackathons, to help them stay informed and engaged throughout the program;
- Communicate directly with prospects and participants through inbound/outbound phone conversations, emails, slack messages, live chats and conference calls;
- Work in partnership with other team members to manage participant-facing communications channels with excellent customer service skills and efficiency;
- Bring an enthusiastic and creative approach, delivering out-of-the-box strategies to increase engagement, success and delight in our participants;
- Help prospects and participants through the registration process and help individual registrants find teammates and form teams on Hackworks platform;
- Connect participants with mentors in relevant industries to help them remove roadblocks to solve problems and bring solutions to market;
- Develop goals and targets and implement tactical plans that lead to successful execution and results in client projects;
- Support participants online and on-site at workshops, hackathons, and challenges (sometimes outside of weekday 9-5 hours); and
- Collaborate with team to ensure plans are implemented in accordance with timeline and financial expectations and that any issues, challenges or deviations are escalated for resolution in a timely manner.
- Thrive in a fast-paced and varied environment, balancing multiple projects to ensure that the unique client needs and objectives of each project are achieved;
- Prepare statistical reports and updates for clients to demonstrate program successes;
- Demonstrate consistently strong communication skills including the ability to develop and maintain relationships with participants, clients; and
- Work with clients to develop on-brand messaging that best represents their voice and is aligned with their objectives.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Fluency in English AND French required;
- Possess a willingness and flexibility to be multi-functional and wear many hats in a lean, adaptable, and collaborative team;
- Passion for problem-solving and ideating for best outcomes;
- Knowledgeable about the tech industry and innovation ecosystem, and aware of emerging trends;
- Remarkable attention to detail;
- Exceptional communication skills;
- Ability to tailor tone and style, and multitask for a diverse client base;
- Strong work ethic and conscientious nature;
- Computer savvy (we are a Mac environment);
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends to support our events;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to adhere to timelines;
- Self-motivated and results-driven;
- Enthusiastic about providing the best possible experience for clients and participants; and
- Positive attitude and eagerness to learn.
Education & Work Experience:
- 1+ years experience;
- Degree or Diploma in business, marketing, communications or applicable area.