Bilingual Program Coordinator (Remote)
Innovation ProgramsFull TimeOntario
About Hackworks Inc.
Hackworks helps organizations and businesses develop forward thinking innovation programs including hackathons, workshops, design jams and boot camps that empower participants to build and use their knowledge and creative skills for ideating and problem-solving.
Our lean team has earned a reputation as creative, multi-disciplinary and successful innovation program experts with unmatched bench strength and an unstoppable drive for results. We’re not afraid to roll up our sleeves and get dirty. We never settle for anything less than extraordinary.
Hackworks is looking for an energetic person to join our team. The candidate will be working directly with our VP of Programs & Products and Program Managers.
Hackworks is currently utilizing a remote work environment and we are flexible on the candidates' work location within Canada.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
We are looking for a diligent, imaginative project coordinator who has a passion for innovation and who wants to do big things to help grow our company by helping grow our clients' business.
If you relish the challenge of being part of a team that is truly dynamic, and that leverages the power of hackathons, bootcamps and workshops to drive innovation, this role may be for you. If you are proactive, creative, detail-oriented with extremely strong project management and communication skills, read on!
As we develop our growing company, we are seeking a driven coordinator for our client programs, with a creative mind and executional chops to join our team producing amazing hackathons and innovation challenges.
Project Planning and Execution:
• Assist Program Managers in the development and implementation of innovation programs (hackathon, design jams, workshops, boot camps or education series) that will best suit our clients' needs and help them meet their business objectives;
• Work with other team members to deliver exceptional programs, events and experiences;
• Bring an enthusiastic and creative approach, delivering out-of-the-box strategies to help delight our clients and participants;
• Produce high-quality project documentation, including project plans, status reports, and project deliverables
• Assist with virtual and in-person event set-up, operation and success of our events;
• Collaborate with team to ensure plans are implemented in accordance with timeline and financial expectations and that any issues, challenges or deviations are escalated for resolution in a timely manner;
• Identify and manage project risks, issues, and dependencies, ensuring compliance with company policies, procedures, and standards
• Continuously monitor project outcomes and adjust plans as needed to ensure successful delivery
• Thrive in a fast-paced and varied environment, balancing multiple projects to ensure that the unique client needs and objectives of each project are achieved;
• Assist with client project meetings;
• Demonstrate consistently strong communication skills including the ability to develop and maintain relationships with clients, sponsors, participants and vendors;
• Assist in the development and implementation of stakeholder communication plans and change management plans to ensure effective communication and adoption of project deliverables
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Fluency in English AND French required
• Possess a willingness and flexibility to be multi-functional and wear many hats in a lean, adaptable, and collaborative team;
• Knowledge and experience in a wide-range of account management and client service areas including the management of: key stakeholders, projects, budgets, time, and risks;
• Passion for problem-solving and ideating for best outcomes;
• Equally passionate about managing projects and getting your hands dirty in the tasks;
• Knowledgeable about the tech industry, innovation ecosystem, and aware of emerging trends, especially in relation to planning virtual events and programming;
• Remarkable attention to detail and exceptional written skills;
• Ability to tailor tone and style, and multitask for a diverse client base;
• Strong work ethic and conscientious nature;
• Computer savvy (we are a Mac environment);
• Experience with digital marketing tools (analytics, drip marketing campaigns etc.) an asset;
• Willingness to work some evenings and weekends to support our events;
• Excellent time management skills and ability to adhere to timelines;
• Self-motivated and results-driven;
• Enthusiastic about providing the best possible experience for clients and participants; and
• Positive attitude and eagerness to learn.
Education & Work Experience
• 1+ year work experience in a client facing role, account management, events management or similar experience.
• Degree or Diploma in business, marketing, communications or applicable area.