Director, Marketing & Sales
MarketingFull TimeOttawa, ON
Hard to imagine anyone qualified for this job….but read on if you dare….
Gusto Worldwide Media (Gusto) is a vertically integrated producer, distributor and broadcaster of food and lifestyle programming, with channels launched on over a dozen platforms in the US, Asia and Latin America.
Gusto is looking for a Director of Marketing & Sales accustomed to an entrepreneurial environment, with experience in; building overall marketing and sales plans, an ability to execute them tactically across multiple international markets and across multiple channels (B2B, MR/PR, D2C), and drive internal and external corporate communications.
No other job you’ve had is quite like this! Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, in close consultation with the President & CEO, the Director will need to be “hands on” with a small team. Responsibilities include:
- Develop and improve our brand positioning across varied platforms.
- Lead the initiative to re-launch our consumer-facing website and our overall social media presence, with a view to monetizing content across various channels.
- Ensure a strong connection between ad-revenue partners, through all communication channels, and the development of additional service offerings (i.e. branding toolkits etc.)
- Working with our distribution clients to further develop improvements to our consumer marketing initiatives to provide a seamless branded experience.
- Oversee all marketing content creation, including advertising, media and digital campaigns.
- Drive corporate communications (internal and external), including drafting releases, negotiate with partners (events and trade shows) and seek/evaluate sponsorship opportunities.
- Set and track KPIs across platforms and provide metrics on the success.
- Leverage data and analytics to inform strategy and content development
- Participate in new business development strategies to cultivate new client opportunities
- Stay current on industry trends, and their impact on clients, potential clients and the firm.
….and then on Tuesday….
The successful candidate will have 10 years of management experience preferably with a background in media/marketing, current with tech trends, and with a demonstrable ability to play a part in, and manage, a driven team.
The position is based at our state-of-the-art production / distribution HQ in Ottawa, ON.