Intermediate Java Developer
EngineeringFull TimeToronto, ON
Grapevine6 is looking for an Intermediate Java Developer to join our team. We need help to deliver regular enhancements to our platform, modernize key strategic functionality and deliver high priority features of our platform.
Who we are
Grapevine6 is a team of curious entrepreneurs and engineers who enjoy working with smart people to build amazing products that revolutionize the social sales process at companies throughout the world.
From software to insurance to financial services, we’ve built a roster of clients including everything from small businesses to the largest banks in North America . We compete with companies 50 times our size and win. (Don’t believe us? Read what Forrester had to say about our product.)
Located in downtown Toronto, our work environment is collaborative, collocated and vibrant. We grew 200% last year, 200% this year and we’re excited to see how you can be a part of next years’ 200%.
What you'll do
- Develop, test, document and support RESTFul apis.
- Write scripts to extract, clean and analyze data
- Participate in the technical design, development, testing and integration of cross functional, multi-tiered platform.
- Contribute to the system integration testing (SIT) and provide help with user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Keep abreast of the latest trends and technologies in the industry and use this knowledge to drive innovation.
What you bring to the position
- Ability to work independently without a high degree of supervision.
- A team player who can contribute positively to meeting team/project goals/deliverables.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail with appreciation for technical alternatives and knowledge of emerging technologies
- Exceptional analytical skills to understand problems, identify root cause and resolve.
- Minimum 3 years of hands on experience in Java, Spring (Boot) and both relational and nosql databases such as MySql/Mongo.
- Experience with at least one of the following: SOLR/Elasticsearch/Lucene or ML/NLP or Multithreading/Concurrency or Python
- You have worked with XML,JSON and RESTFul web services.
- You have working knowledge of Maven, Test Driven Development (TDD), Unit Tests and Automated Tests
- You have working knowledge of source control such as GIT or SVN.
- Experience in Software Development in an Agile environment (SCRUM) and tools (Jira,Bitbucket)
Why you want to work here
- The opportunity to work with a team of experienced and successful tech entrepreneurs.
- Freedom from crunch and team leads who believe happy employees are more productive.
- Hands on experience with innovative technologies in practical settings.
- Flexible company culture with accommodations for remote work and plenty of events.
- A competitive salary for your experience level, complete with benefits and vacation.
Grapevine6 is committed to being an equal opportunity employer and our team reflects that. We all come from a variety of backgrounds, bring our own unique perspectives, and contribute a wide range of abilities to the team. No matter who you are or where you come from, we’re interested in how you can contribute to making Grapevine6 even better. If at any point during your application process you require an accommodation due to a disability or other special circumstances, please let us know.