Automatisation | AutomatisationÀ temps pleinMississauga, ON
Qualtech is a Canadian company recognized as a leader in the design and conception of food and pharmaceutical processes. It offers a complete service and a turnkey solution to customers and is used by hundreds of companies in Canada and the United States.
Reporting directly to the Automation Manager – Ontario Division, the Automation Technician is responsible for assisting the automation team in developing innovative, simple and intuitive automation solutions to respond to customers’ needs, both external and internal.
Safety is of prime importance at Qualtech and we are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, our subcontractors, our customers, our partners and our community. At Qualtech, each employee must strive to continually improve our processes, must demonstrate leadership, and must promote comprehensive safety while maintaining the highest level of quality and respecting our budgets. We expect individual accountability, we expect all employees to adhere to our safety standards, and we expect all employees to actively participate in and to support the advancement of our health and safety practices. It is Qualtech’s belief that safety is the responsibility of all employees, from senior management to the individual worker and that everyone is responsible for achieving zero accidents.
Further, it is also the responsibility of all Qualtech employees to foster and to maintain the highest level of internal and external customer satisfaction possible and to maintain a positive Qualtech-Client relationship while adhering to our core values of devotion, responsibility, honesty, simplicity and respect.
The successful candidate is required to work in a team environment of Project Managers in the design of various mechanical and processing systems for our wide client base. Typically the Automation Technician will work closely with the design team, assisting in the development and in the design of the required automation and control strategies to suit the clients’ need based on project performance criteria and/or functional specifications. The successful candidate will be responsible for executing these key functions such as electrical panel and control panel design, control wiring, on-site installation, commissioning and troubleshooting to ensure the functionality and profitability of projects under their responsibility and they are accountable for task deliverables, costs and timelines.
- Demonstrate leadership in Health & Safety, promote comprehensive safety while maintaining the highest level of quality and respecting our budgets
- Ensure the Health and Safety of the workforce in accordance with Qualtech, Industry and Regulatory standards
- Ensure workmanship and quality is in adherence to Qualtech and industry standards and local regulations (high pressure welding, seismic, etc.)
- Promote the Qualtech Brand and be an example for the Qualtech Values in everyday actions
- Help manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable and defensible in accordance with Qualtech policies and procedures
- Maintain highest level of customer satisfaction through respectful and cordial communication with the client, their representatives and all members of the Qualtech team
- Assess with their team the customers’ needs by understanding their processes, troubleshooting various controls and instruments, and ensuring quality of the turnkey project delivered to meets the customer’s expectation
- Assist the automation team in developing automation design estimates and help prepare quotes within prescribed timeframes
- Adhere to and follow diligently all internal Qualtech project management guidelines and protocols
- Offer technical expertise in design, development and execution of the project
- Plan and execute, as required, panel design, construction and/or programming and electrical drawings development
- Help develop a detailed project plans with the automation team to track project progress
- Ensure that all tasks within their area of responsibility are delivered on-time, on budget and within scope
- Develop bills of material (BOM) within Qualtech standards
Continuous improvement component
- Ensure the implementation, continuous improvement and best practices for standard work methods.
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a growth mindset and proven successful track record of working with engineers and operation/plant personnel
- College Diploma or University Degree in Controls Systems and/or Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- 1+ years experience in field installation, performance testing, and commissioning – preferably in the Food and Beverage, Waste Water, or the Chemical Processing industries – some process control automation, control design and programming is an asset
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience with control loops PIDs and their programming
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- AutoCAD proficiency
- Exposure to Rockwell and Allen Bradley, RSLogix 5, 500 and 5000, SLC5, MicroLogix, CompactLogix, ControlLogix, RSView32 and FactoryTalk suite of products is considered an asset
- Experience with Wonderware HMI/SCADA/IIM suite of products is considered an asset
- Knowledge of and experience reading, analyzing P&IDs and electrical drawings
- Available to travel up to 30-50% of the time in Canada and USA;
- Valid driver’s license.
- Salary to be discussed
- Insurance program (health care, vision care, dental care...)
- stimulating work environment
- Referral bonus program
- Annual bonus
The employer subscribes to the principle of employment equity and applies a program of access to equal employment for women, autochtones people, visible minorities, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities.