Process Project Manager
Ingénierie de projet | Project of engineeringÀ temps pleinMississauga, ON
Qualtech is a Canadian company recognized as a leader in the design and conception of food and pharmaceutical processes. It offers a complete service and a turnkey solution to customers and is used by hundreds of companies in Canada and the United States.
Reporting directly to the Director of Engineering – Ontario Division, the Project Manager (PM) is responsible for developing innovative, simple and intuitive solutions to respond to customers’ needs, both external and internal. It is of prime importance and a key responsibility for the role to develop and to maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction possible and to maintain a positive Qualtech-Client relationship through respectful and cordial communications, commitment to tasks and active leadership. In that vein, the PM will work closely with the Sales Team to help maintain this client relationship.
The successful candidate is required to work in a team environment of Automation Project Managers (APM) and other Project Managers (PM) in the design of various mechanical and processing systems for our wide client base. Typically the PM will work closely with an APM as a design team, leading the development and design of various process designs and strategies to suit the clients’ need based on project performance criteria and/or functional specifications. The successful candidate will ensure the functionality and profitability of projects under their control and they are accountable for deliverables, costs and timelines.
This position is located in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). Travel of 50-60% will be required and expected within Ontario mostly, and potentially North America (Canada & USA).
- Maintain highest level of customer satisfaction through respectful and cordial communication with the client, his representatives and all members of the Qualtech team;
- Assess the customers’ needs by understanding their processes, referring to their specifications and ensuring quality of the turnkey project delivered meets the customer’s expectation;
- Develop process design estimates (budgetary and detailed) and prepare quotes within prescribed timeframes;
- Adhere to and follow diligently all internal Qualtech project management guidelines and protocols;
- Offer technical expertise in design, development and execution of the project;
- Coordinate internal resources (ex. installation crews, technicians, electricians, etc.), with other PMs and APMs, and with third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects;
- Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility;
- Collaboration with internal colleagues on process designs and other engineering projects;
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, on budget and within scope;
- Develop a detailed project plan with the APMs to track project progress;
- Insure the development of written scopes of work or requirements, RFQs, etc. for external manufacturers and contractors for parts and/or services in the development of process design;
- Perform evaluation of quotations, proposals and RFQs, and interfacing with prospective manufacturers and contractors for parts and services required for process design, fabrication and installation with respect to cost, delivery and timelines Use appropriate verification techniques and internal procedures to manage projects at all stages including changes in project scope, changes in schedule and changes in costs;
- Measure project performance using these internal systems, tools and other techniques;
- Report and escalate to management, as needed, project deviations, scope creep, extras, etc;
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders;
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks;
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation using developed internal procedures;
- Proceed to AutoCAD development of P&ID’s and Layouts;
- Develop bills of material (BOM) within Qualtech standards;
- Supervise installation crews, automation technicians, as required, and ensure their work meets the required quality standards;
- Train, coach and mentor technicians and junior project managers.
Continuous improvement component
- Ensure the implementation, continuous improvement and best practices for standard work methods.
- Contribute by one’s decisions and attitude to maintain a good organizational climate;
- Ensure a clean and safe workplace;
- Adhere to the occupational health and safety management and prevention program;
- Respect and promote the values of the company;
- All other related tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with P.Eng. (designation is considered an asset)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work autonomously with little supervision
- 5+ years experience in process design, field installation, performance testing, commissioning and operation – preferably in the Food and Beverage or the Chemical Processing industries
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience with control loops and PID programming
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a growth mindset and proven successful track record of working with engineers and operation personnel
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, MSProject
- AutoCAD proficiency in P&ID and Layouts
- Conceptual designs using sound engineering principles (fluid mechanics, heat transfer, mass & energy balances, mechanical stress design, structural design, etc.)
- Control of project, fabrication and installation costs
- Knowledge of and experience reading, analyzing P&IDs and electrical drawings
- Experience and familiarity with Rockwell and Allen Bradley, RSLogix 5, 500 and 5000, SLC5, MicroLogix, CompactLogix, ControlLogix, RSView32 and FactoryTalk suite of products is considered an asset
- Experience with safety control systems, products and implementation design is considered an asset.
- Salary to be discussed
- Insurance program (health care, vision care, dental care...)
- Stimulating work environment
- Referral bonus program
- Quarterly bonus
The employer subscribes to the principle of employment equity and applies a program of access to equal employment for women, autochtones people, visible minorities, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities.