Service client | Customer serviceÀ temps pleinMississauga, ON
Qualtech is a Canadian company recognized as a leader in the design and conception of food and pharmaceutical processes. It offers a complete service and a turnkey solution to customers and is used by hundreds of companies in Canada and the United States.
Industrial machinery mechanic maintains and repair factory equipment and other industrial machinery such as production machinery, conveying systems and packaging equipment. The Maintenance Technician will be part of Qualtech’s growing team of food industry experts that service equipment supplied by Qualtech. Reporting to the Service Business Director, the maintenance technician will travel to clients in Ontario and Western Canada to perform on-site maintenance on food processing equipment.
- Reading technical manuals to understand equipment and controls;
- Operating hoisting and lifting devices as necessary during the repair of machinery;
- Working independently and with others to solve mechanical and technical problems;
- Communicating, persuading, and explaining to others what needs to be done;
- Working accurately with numbers and on occasion doing basic drawings of machine parts;
- Use of Hand and power tools as necessary.
- On-site service visits at Qualtech Clients to perform:
o Preventative maintenance work
o Trouble shooting and diagnosting faulty equipment and suggest repair
o Create parts lists needed for repair
o Organize and schedule follow-up visits to install parts
o Start-up new equipment
o Work with outside service providers/contractors as required to complete service work.
- In-house work would entitle
o Re-building/refurbishing of used equipment
o Repair equipment that cannot be fixed on-site but can be transported to shop
o Fabricate small parts and supports
- Key Equipment worked on:
o Pumps – positive displacement and centrifugal
o Valves – sanitary process valves, single seat and mix proof
o Heat Exchangers – plate & frame; Tubular
o Homogenizers and Separators
Continuous improvement component
- Ensure the implementation, continuous improvement and best practices for standard work methods.
- Must be able to work with little supervision;
- Respect and promote the values of the company;
- Ensure a clean and safe workplace;
- Participate in the Occupational Health and Safety Management and Prevention Program;
- Contribute to maintain a healthy organizational climate through good decision making habits and attitude;
- Travel within the GTA, Ontario, Canada and the USA as needed;
- Must be able to set priorities to the various tasks.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 5 to 10 years experience in industrial mechanics or millwright
- Excellent mechanical skills use of hand tools and knowledge of basic machine shop equipment is essential
- Fabrication skills with use of shear, metal bake, Milling machine, drill press and rollers are essential.
- Good computer skills and basic math skills are essential
- Knowledge of lifting and hoisting equipment and asset
- Experience in food industry an asset
- Automation PLC and HMI Skills an asset
- Electrical skill an asset
- Basic welding skills in TIG and MIG an asset
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License required.
- College degree in Industrial Mechanics or Millwright or equivalent experience.
- Meticulous and serious
- Resourceful and self-taught
- Dynamic and professional
- Show rigorous in their work ethic and show team spirit
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Salary to be discussed
- Insurance program (health care, vision care, dental care...)
- Stimulating work environment
- Referral bonus program
- Quarterly bonus
The employer subscribes to the principle of employment equity and applies a program of access to equal employment for women, autochtones people, visible minorities, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities.