Concrete Restoration GS Labourer/Concrete Coating GS Labourer
SiteFull TimeWinnipeg, MB
Gardon Construction is looking for hard working and responsible labourers to join our Winnipeg team. We are looking to fill the position of Concrete Restoration General Specialty (GS) labourer | Concrete Coating General Specialty (GS) labourer. The Concrete Restoration GS Labourer performs a variety of construction-related tasks that may include the restoration, preservation, and protection of concrete structures, application of protective and decorative coatings, and assisting other workers with duties specific to a project. Previous concrete and construction experience an asset (minimum 1 year preferred)
Specifically, common job duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Concrete Demolition
- Concrete Chipping, Cutting, Grinding
- Tying rebar, Installing Dowels
- Assist with placing concrete
- Basic carpentry for form work
- Pouring and patching concrete
- Assist with installing traffic deck membranes and industrial coatings
- Performing epoxy and urethane injections
- Follow instructions from supervisor in a timely manner
- Operating hand and power tools and equipment to perform work
- 1+ years’ related work experience in concrete restoration construction industry.
- General construction safety knowledge and a commitment to safety
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy equipment, and products
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Drivers License, drivers abstract, reliable transportation required
- Willingness to learn and grow as part of a team.
- The ability to understand and follow our company’s health and safety program.
- Ability to perform quick, accurate work.
- Ability to work with the rest of your team to see projects through to completion with the highest standards of safety and product delivery to ensure customer satisfaction.
- The ability to follow direction from superior staff on sites
- Be at work every day on time and preform your duties efficiently
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds or more.
- Physically demanding, handling heavy loads, bending, crouching, kneeling
- Dusty Environment, Adaptable to changing weather conditions
- Availability to work nights and weekends if required.
- Wages to be paid in accordance with the ICI Construction Wages Act of Manitoba
- MCIP Industry Benefits Plan – Life insurance, Accidental death and dismemberment, Long-term disability, dental, Prescription drugs, Extended health care, Vision care, Employee family assistance program, Travel, Best doctor.
- Registered Retirement Savings (RRSP) match program