We Are Growing!
SiteFull TimeWinnipeg, MB
Here at Gardon Construction, we provide exceptional construction services to our clients with Integrity, quality, and value in mind.
We retain the best people in industry and provide a all-inclusive work environment that enables those people to achieve personal growth and development while making an identifiable, meaningful contribution to the current and future success of our company.
We have workers who have, and have had, a long, rich career with our company. And as we continue to grow, we are reaching out to those who feel inspired to join our ranks.
Gardon Construction Ltd, is a G2 commercial construction firm with 40 years of servicing and supporting the Manitoba and Western Canadian construction markets, are looking for applicants for the following positions:
Positions (Permanent, Full Time):
- Red Seal Journeyman and Journeywomen (Ticketed)
- Pre-Employment Apprentice Carpenters (Proof Of Registration and Program Completion)
- Apprentice Carpenters (Proof Of Registration and Program Completion)
- Concrete Repair Technicians (ICRI CSRT Certification or Proof Of Registration)
- Skilled Construction Labours
Qualifications (As It Applies To The Position):
- Journeyman carpenter ticket, Registered carpenter apprentice, ICRI CSRT certified technicians
- 1-3-5 years experience
- Valid driver’s licence and drivers abstract
- Personal cell phone and valid email address required
- Site Ready Manitoba Orientation trained
- WHMIS trained
- Fall Protection and Aerial Lift training a big asset
- Ability to take direction and follow through on instructions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely focused on customer satisfaction and professionalism
Requirements and Responsibilities (All Positions):
- 40-hour work week. Overtime as required.
- Ensure proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is used at all times
- Working both indoors and outdoors in hot and cold weather, noise containing, potentially highly volatile and dusty environments.
- Must have the ability to lift and carry materials weighing up to 50lbs to 60lbs +/-.
- Operate hand tools, power actuated tools as required to perform tasks including inspecting and ensuring proper safe use.
- Install heating/hoarding, temporary fencing, guardrails, handrails, and barriers as required.
- Erect scaffold and related support as necessary.
- Participate in safety meetings and daily tool box talks, both onsite and in office.
- Ability to read blueprints and/or get instructions from leadership.
- Ensure work areas are kept clean and free of hazards.
- Participate in quarterly staff safety meetings when called upon.
Salaries and/or wages are determined and documented at time of hire and are based on Employment Standards Wage Scales for job site employees as well as education, experience, position, and ability – or in the case of salaried positions, on education, prior experience, abilities, and position.
- Wages to be paid in accordance with the ICI Construction Wages Act of Manitoba
- MCIP Industry Benefits Plan – Life insurance, Accidental death and dismemberment, Long-term disability, dental, Prescription drugs, Extended health care, Vision care, Employee family assistance program, Travel, Best doctor.
- Registered Retirement Savings (RRSP) match program
So if you are an applicant who can be honest with all customers, stakeholders and fellow workers…who can be respectful to one another…who works with the highest of integrity…who works as a team…who is professional…who can communicate clearly and concisely…and who wants to be successful in all that they do…then, there will be a place for you here at Gardon Construction Ltd….ARE YOU READY?
We look forward to hearing from you!