UI / UX Designer
DevelopmentFull TimeVancouver , BC
Who We Are
Fresh Prep is a fast-growing Vancouver company that makes it easy to cook incredible meals in just 15-30 minutes. We do this by sourcing local ingredients for delicious recipes, which are then prepared and delivered to customers homes in reusable cooler bags. In 2018, we were recognized by the Georgia Straight as Vancouver’s #1 meal kit.
Who You Are
We are looking for a visual and interactive designer, talented in both graphic and user-experience design, with a mandate of providing our customers with a world-class experience in every interaction with Fresh Prep. The UI / UX Designer will work closely with our Development and Marketing teams on all projects.
- Collaborative Team Player. You can diplomatically and effectively work between multiple parts of a fast-moving business to gather and evaluate user requirements.
- Design Focused. You display a sharp, analytical, and thoughtful mindset towards all design projects.
- Strong communicator. Your verbal and written communication skills allow you to get results across easily and quickly, in a friendly and professional manner.
- Adaptable. You thrive in a changing environment and are able to pivot direction easily.
- Open. You are open to constructive feedback, but aren’t afraid to let your opinions be known. You approach the problem at hand from a strategic and empathetic point of view.
What You'll Be Doing
- You will storyboard and illustrate process flows, ideas and sitemaps.
- You will research and design new user experiences (both physical and digital) based on product requirements.
- You will develop UI/UX wireframes, mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look.
- You will translate complex and sometimes ambiguous information into user-friendly and simple designs.
- You will execute projects from conception to implementation while maintaining tight deadlines.
- You will develop human-centric designs that are intuitive, usable, and delight the user.
- You will communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences at various levels of the organization.
- You will identify and troubleshoot UX problems.
- You will provide graphic design relief to the brand team on design projects as needed.
- You will adhere and assist in the development of brand standards.
What We Are Looking For
- 3+ years work experience in a similar role.
- A portfolio of relevant design projects.
- Knowledge of wireframe tools (e.g. Sketch, InVision, and other industry standard tools).
- Experience with front-end web development would be a strong asset.
What You Can Expect
- A positive workplace filled with fantastic colleagues.
- Competitive pay and bonuses.
- Extended benefits (including medical, dental, and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.