ProductionFull TimeVancouver , BC
Who We Are
Fresh Prep is a fast-growing Vancouver company that makes it easy to cook incredible meals in just 15-30 minutes. We do this by sourcing local ingredients for delicious recipes, which are then prepared and delivered to customers’ homes in reusable cooler bags. In 2018, we were recognized by the Georgia Straight as Vancouver’s #1 meal kit.
Who You Are
Positive Attitude. Your approach work in a cheery and optimistic way.
Meticulously Clean. You like to see a job well done and will ensure that things are done the “right” way.
Self Starter. You are comfortable owning a task from start to finish and you take initiative to make continual process improvements. You observe strict deadlines and hold yourself accountable to your deliverables.
High Energy. You possess a strong work ethic and come to work motivated each day.
What You'll Be Doing
- You will be responsible for operating the industrial dishwashers in our Production Facility. This includes cleaning all dishes, glassware, baskets, kitchen utensils and containers. Once clean, you will store clean dishes, glasses and equipment appropriately.
- You will be responsible for cleaning production equipment as required.
- You will set up production workstations before meal prep begins.
- You will follow the opening and closing procedures of the kitchen.
- You will maintain the stock of cleaning supplies (e.g. detergents) and place orders when necessary.
- You will check washing machines’ operation and promptly report any technical/performance issues.
- You will assist in kitchen duties, such as mopping, cleaning walk-in refrigerators and food storage areas.
- You will dispose of all waste and recycling according to the criteria of our recycling program.
- You will work within WorkSafe B.C. standards concerning the use of chemicals and other physical hazards in the workplace.
What We Are Looking For
- Previous dish washing experience an asset
- Previous experience in a fast paced production kitchen preferred.
- WHMIS training and Food Safe Level 1 preferred.
- Ability to work safely and maintain a clean work space within a manufacturing environment.
What You Can Expect
- Competitive pay starting at $15 / hour.
- Extended benefits for (including medical, dental, and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week after successfully completing probation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.