Production Team Member
ProductionFull TimeVancouver , BC
Who We Are
Fresh Prep is a fast-growing Vancouver company that makes it easy to cook incredible meals in just 15-30 minutes. We do this by sourcing local ingredients for delicious recipes, which are then prepared and delivered to customers homes in reusable cooler bags. In 2018, we were recognized by the Georgia Straight as Vancouver’s #1 meal kit.
Who You Are
- Phenomenal Teammate. You work well with others and enjoy contributing to a fantastic team. Do others enjoy working with you?
- Ultra Reliable. Since we work in teams, we need team members who are engaged and seeking to contribute in a positive manner. Are you willing to show up on time and work hard?
- Responsible. You’re a self-starter with the ability to work independently as needed. Can you be trusted to act without needing strict supervision?
- Ready to Grow. Fresh Prep is a rapidly growing company and there are many opportunities for advancement. Are you looking to learn and grow with us?
What You'll Be Doing
- You will prepare and package food items according to weekly recipe specifications.
- You will cut, chop, and breakdown fresh produce using food processing equipment or other provided tools.
- You will measure and/or weigh ingredients before putting them into portioned containers.
- You will package customer kits with all recipe ingredients.
- You will hand-pick customer orders for delivery.
- You will assist in maintaining a clean, food-safe production facility.
What We Are Looking For
- 1+ years of experience in food prep, restaurant, warehouse, or busy retail environment preferred.
- Able to work in a high-paced warehouse environment with strict deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a temperature controlled environment. The warehouse is kept at between 0 to 10 degrees Celsius.
- Able to stand on your feet for 8-10 hour shifts.
- Ability to lift objects up to 30 lbs (13 kgs).
- Punctual attendance is essential.
- Detail oriented and meticulous.
What You Can Expect
- Competitive pay, starting at $15/hour for full-time employees ($14 for part-time). We conduct compensation reviews on a quarterly basis.
- Extended benefits (including medical, dental, and life-insurance) after 90 days of full-time employment.
- Free food! Full-time employees will receive a Fresh Prep meal plan after 90 days of employment.
- Consistent weekly scheduling with paid breaks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.