Director of Operations
ProductionFull TimeVancouver , BC
Fresh Prep is in an exciting stage of growth and our company is looking for a Director of Operations who thrives in problem-solving and ownership. You will be given the authority and responsibility to make changes and drive improvements. In this role you have the opportunity to make an immediate impact on our business and will see your ideas implemented.
The Director of Operations is responsible for developing and leading high performing and accountable operations teams that deliver best-in-class results in line with overall strategic objectives across cost, quality, food safety and capacity.
- Participate in the development of and the execution of programs, policies, and processes that align with company goals, revenue targets, and strategy
- Develop and lead a team of Operations Managers providing support and direction in production, order fulfillment, shipping and receiving, food safety and inventory management
- Support the growth, development, leadership and performance of direct reports through regular 1:1 feedback communications, best practice sharing, and goal setting
- Measure, analyze, and develop roadmap to improve key performance metrics including Quality/Fulfillment Accuracy, Minutes Per Order (MPO), On Time in Full (OTIF) and Cost per Ship (CPS) to achieve customer experience, labor, and margin goals
- Recognize improvement opportunities to maximize efficiencies and develop plans to execute on improvements
- Ensure fulfillment center network is properly staffed and has the resources to support capacity and growth
- Improve Employee Engagement by partnering with leadership and HR to develop and execute on action plans
- Work collaboratively to develop regional capacity planning model and fulfillment center network roadmap that ensures capacity to deliver upon company growth plans
- Partner with Food Safety and Quality team to further develop and implement world class and scaleable food safety standards, systems, and processes
- Responsible for ensuring operational compliance measures including, workplace safety, food safety, and applicable federal, state and local regulations by maintaining the highest operational standards
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Supply Chain, Logistics or a related field; or a combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position
- In depth knowledge of B2C e-commerce and fulfillment operations
- Experience with high transaction operations and excellent skill in areas of supply chain logistics and inventory management, with an emphasis on customer experience
- Ability and desire to stay ahead of the curve by finding new ways to enhance the customer experience
- Accountability for a multi-site fulfillment/production network
- Experience in process design/engineering; sound understanding of design for fulfillment principles
- Proven operations leadership skills; leading a team with a clear vision and strategy.
- Facility start-up experience
- Experience defining systems requirements and implementing warehouse management/ERP systems
- A strong decision maker, with shown success of making timely and informed decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Travel required
Competitive compensation DOE.
Fresh Prep is an exciting, fast growing company with an outstanding team of people. We are creative, innovative and data-driven and looking for the best people to join us.
We love our staff, and show it with benefits (medical, dental), flexibility in scheduling, free Fresh Prep meals, a positive environment, generous vacation policy and working alongside co-workers who are passionate about food.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. EOE / Minorities encouraged to apply. Please visit our website at www.freshprep.ca.