ProductionFull TimeVancouver , BC
Fresh Prep is a fast growing Vancouver company that makes it easy to cook incredible meals in just 15-30 minutes. We do this by sourcing local ingredients for delicious recipes, which are then prepared and delivered to customers homes in reusable cooler bags. In 2018, we were recognized by the Georgia Straight as Vancouver’s #1 meal kit.
The Inventory Receiver will be responsible for daily inventory processes, reporting, and control at aFresh Prep's production facility. This is a role that can be physically demanding with lots of lifting, bending and moving in a cooler environment.
- Reports to Production manager and communicates effectively to Purchasing department to ensure there are no deviations from production schedule.
- Communicates with Purchasing in regards to any discrepancies from shipments received.
- Identifying any quality issues with incoming shipments and confidence in refusing product that does not meet high company standards.
- Adhering to company policy with regards to the receiving of refrigerated and frozen product.
- Organizing coolers and inventory, with best FIFO practices in mind when applicable.
- Proper documentation on receiving log - temperature, zone, refusals, etc.
- Daily inventory checks and data entry.
- Clearly communicates with Purchasing any significant changes in inventory.
- Work with Purchasing and management to develop yield guidelines.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Ability to ensure that all inventory procedures are being followed.
- Assists with staging of inventory for production.
- Helps other departments as needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment with strict deadlines.
- Strong organizational, time management skills.
- Proven problem solving abilities.
- Clear and concise communicator, verbal and written.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to collaborate and work within a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Exposure to temperatures that will be experienced in a freezer or cooler, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Forklift experience not needed, but preferred.
- Drivers license an asset
- Food service industry experience not required, but preferred.
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays and overtime, as required.
We love our staff, and show it with benefits (medical, dental), flexibility in scheduling, free Fresh Prep meals, a positive environment, generous vacation policy and working alongside co-workers who are passionate about food. Plus, we promote from within so lots of opportunities for advancement!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. EOE / Minorities encouraged to apply. Please visit our website at www.freshprep.ca