ProductionFull TimeVancouver , BC
Fresh Prep is a fast growing Vancouver company that makes cooking incredible meals easy. We do this by sourcing local ingredients for delicious recipes, which are then prepared and delivered to customer’s homes to cook in under 30 minutes. We've been in business for just over 3 years now and are expanding rapidly.
We are currently seeking an Operations Supervisor to join our Vancouver Production team. The Supervisor role is a very hands-on position responsible for assisting with the management of all aspects of the production and fulfillment areas at our facility. You will be responsible for supervising all functions of the operation, with special focus on ensuring the production schedule is being met daily to ensure accurate and on-time fulfillment of all customer orders, while maintaining our quality standards and communicating issues to the Operations Manager. The ideal candidate will be able to assist in optimizing productivity and managing the performance of all employees, providing mentorship and training on a regular basis. The Supervisor must be willing to take part in meeting day to day production goals of the facility, including working on the production line as needed.
- Ensure accurate and on-time fulfillment of all customer orders.
- Supervise and train the Production and Fulfillment Team to optimize productivity and promote growth.
- Ensure all quality control processes are adhered to and all facility personnel are well-trained in all quality control procedures.
- Work with Operations Manager to plan production capacity and staffing levels; schedule personnel and other resources appropriately to efficiently execute the production plan.
- Work with the Operations Manager to help develop, implement and facilitate processes that focus on achieving measurable improvements to production efficiency, inventory management, quality, fulfillment accuracy and on-time delivery.
- Responsible for managing high volume of temporary employees and production lines with approximately 50% of time spent on the floor.
- Gather operational data and publish metrics/reports as requested.
- Promote a positive atmosphere by leading by example, and fostering teamwork and a collaborative working environment.
- Act as backup to manager and others as needed, and perform in those roles when necessary.
- Ability to follow all Food Safety guidelines, but not limited to GMP's, Allergen Program, Labeling, Quality, Sanitation & Safety.
- Maintain compliance to all safety rules and regulations and ensure the team is operating in accordance to company standards.
- Complete and properly store all required records.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years of previous supervisory experience in distribution operations.
- Previous experience working within perishables industry in high-volume distribution environment preferred.
- Must be willing to take on a variety of roles within the Production facility including working on the line when needed.
- Dedicated commitment to customer service and fostering a team environment.
- Excellent ability to prioritize work against tight timelines, operate with a sense of urgency and perform under pressure.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a team player, good motivator and must be able to provide coaching and training in a positive and effective manner.
- General knowledge and/or experience in Quality Control.
- Proficient ability with Google Docs Suite. Demonstrated experience using warehouse management systems to manage inventory, favorable.
We love our staff, and show it with benefits (medical, dental), flexibility in scheduling, free Fresh Prep meals, a positive environment, generous vacation policy and working alongside co-workers who are passionate about food. Plus, we promote from within so lots of opportunities for advancement!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. EOE / Minorities encouraged to apply. Please visit our website at www.freshprep.ca