Quality Assurance Manager
ProductionFull TimeVancouver , BC
Fresh Prep is a fast growing Vancouver company that makes cooking incredible meals easy. We do this by sourcing local ingredients for delicious recipes, which are then prepared and delivered to customer’s homes to cook in under 30 minutes. We've been in business for just over 3 years now and are expanding rapidly.
The company would like to hire a Quality Assurance Manager to work in their Vancouver head office. The role will involve developing and maintaining the quality control system. The quality control system will be implemented across multiple sites. The role will involve close liaison with upper management and external consultants. This is a newly created permanent position and offers a fantastic opportunity to develop a career with a stable company known for being at the forefront of meal kit development in Canada.
- Lead the QA Department by providing training, coaching and direction in order to meet the QA objectives and provide support to the Operations Team.
- Maintain and continuously improve the Food Safety and Quality Management system by developing pre-requisite programs, food safety plans, and preventive control plans as required by legislation
- Support Product Development in approving new ingredients and suppliers as well as performing risk assessments and set-up procedures for new products.
- Maintain the recipe and raw ingredient data base.
- Conduct risk analyses, verification, and validation activities to support the company’s food safety and quality management system.
- Lead 3rd party audits and regulatory inspections.
- Manage customer complaints by coordinating with the Operations Team to perform investigation, root cause analysis, corrective action identification, and responding to the customer in a timely manner.
- Facilitate HACCP Team and Management Review Meetings.
- Create nutritional information
- Minimum of 3 years of Food Safety & Quality management experience of increasing seniority.
- High proficiency in GMP guidelines required.
- HACCP certified
- Strong knowledge or certification in Lean Manufacturing, TQM and/or Six Sigma principles required.
- B.S. in relevant field required
- Experience with auditing required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly capable of working cross functionally and leading/influencing others.
- Ability to problem-solve effectively, attentive and detail-oriented.
- Works well both as a team member and independently with effective decision-making skills.
- Ability to effectively influence a culture of compliance and consistently champion and drive prioritization of food safety and quality assurance initiatives across the organization.
- Ability to identify high-level operational risks and drive mitigation strategies and continuous improvement opportunities.
- High attention to detail and superior organizational skills.
We love our staff, and show it with benefits (medical, dental), flexibility in scheduling, free Fresh Prep meals, a positive environment, generous vacation policy and working alongside co-workers who are passionate about food. Plus, we promote from within so lots of opportunities for advancement!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. EOE / Minorities encouraged to apply. Please visit our website at www.freshprep.ca