Food Prep and Packaging Team Member
ProductionFull TimeVancouver , BC
What’s the job?
Fresh Prep is a fast growing Vancouver company making cooking incredible meals easy. We do this by sourcing local (often organic) ingredients for delicious recipes, which are then prepared and delivered to customer’s homes to cook in under 30 minutes. We've been in business for just over 3 years now and have an awesome work atmosphere and an outstanding group of people.
We are looking for team players who possess the ability to learn quickly and multitask. You’ll be using your skills to help our team prepare and package meals to get them ready for delivery. We offer competitive wages and welcome people that are looking for a change and stability with their job.
What you’ll do:
- Prepare cold food ingredients, this includes but is not limited to chopping, slicing and mincing of fresh vegetables, fruits and herbs.
- Portion ingredients into individual food containers.
- Delicately pack weekly recipe ingredients into separate kits.
- Sticker, construct, and organize packaging materials.
- Order picking (assembling cooler bags for delivery.)
- Cleanand generally maintain a clean working environment.
Some details to note:
- You must be able to work in a cool environment.
- You must be able to grasp and lift up to 40 pounds.
- Shift Hours:
Weekdays: 4 hour or 8 hour shifts starting at 7am, 9am, 1pm or 5pm
To be successful in this role, you:
- Are a team player with a can do attitude and willingness to continuously learn.
- Put a lot attention to detail and quality control.
- Take pride in your ability to ask effective questions and resolve possible problems/conflicts.
- Possess great verbal and written communication skills.
- Are able to work as part of a team and individually.
- Are safety orientated.
- Possess a passion for food and customer service.
Why Join Fresh Prep?
We are a growing organization with great opportunities for advancement and personal development. We pride ourselves in putting our people at the top of our priority list and giving them an enjoyable and safe working environment. We understand the changing economy and value loyalty and therefore offer flexibility with scheduling, and a starting wage well above minimum. We also provide extended medical benefits and meal plans for Full Time Employees.