Food Quality Assurance Tech
ProductionFull TimeVancouver , BC
Fresh Prep is a fast growing Vancouver company making cooking incredible meals easy. We do this by sourcing local (often organic) ingredients for delicious recipes, which are then prepared and delivered to customer’s homes to cook in under 30 minutes. We've been in business for just over 3 years now and are expanding rapidly.
- Be competent to implement and maintain HACCP based food safety plans and documents
- Training of production employees (Food Safety, HACCP, etc.)
- Ensuring sanitation standards are met, overseeing cleanup procedures for compliance
- Participate in “outside” audits or regulatory visits, such as HACCP, CFA, and regional health inspections
- Report problems or inconsistencies with any procedure to supervisors or management
- Follow up with employees regarding HACCP paperwork completeness and accuracy
- Proactively look for ways to improve and in all areas of production
- Assist in any and all areas of the facility
- In the event of a product non-conformance, responsibilities include:
- Identify affected inventory in production to ensure it is physically located and accounted for
- Quarantine affected product
- Inform production team and keep them updated as necessary
- Completion of HACCP paperwork – Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly; verify that it is completed and turned in.
- Verifies HACCP forms and checks for accuracy and completeness
- Completes daily sanitation, facility, and quality check documents
- Works with managers to make claims on damaged or nonconforming product received at facility
- Meets with team leaders during shift to determine needs; to answer questions regarding production or quality troubleshooting
- Weekly Thermometer calibration checks
- Monitors temperature of cooler routinely throughout week
- Routine swabbing and good sampling practices to send to 3rd party laboratory
- Perform monthly internal audits with Operations manager to ensure all Food Safety procedures are being completed correctly
- Lot tracking and cooler/freezer organization
- High school diploma or equivalent
- College degree preferred
- Prior HACCP Training preferred
- Some produce/food knowledge for quality assessments
- Quality Control or quality assurance experience preferred
- Ability to lift up 40 pounds regularly
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time (10+ hours)
- Regular stooping, squatting, bending, twisting, and walking
- Temperature controlled warehouse environment
- Must be able to withstand temperatures ranging from under 4 degrees Celsius to ambient room temperature
What you Can Expect:
- A positive workplace filled with fantastic colleagues.
- Competitive pay and bonuses.
- Extended benefits (including medical, dental, and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.