Recipe Development Manager
Culinary / R&DFull TimeVancouver , BC
Fresh Prep is a fast growing Vancouver company that makes cooking incredible meals easy. We do this by sourcing local ingredients for delicious recipes, which are then prepared and delivered to customer’s homes to cook in under 30 minutes. We've been in business for just over 3 years now and are expanding rapidly.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Recipe Development Manager will conceive and create new recipes for the Fresh Prep menu that meet our nutritional, cost and ingredient specifications. This is a unique opportunity to work and learn in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment, and help ensure our customers can recreate the same experience with our physical product in their own kitchens. You'll have the opportuniity to work in an autonomous role with high visibility across the business
- Conceive accessible, creative new recipes in the test kitchen that apply to cost, ingredient, caloric/nutritional, operational and time constraints
- Prepare, style and photograph meals in the test kitchen for website and recipe cards
- Collaborate with other chefs to improve and test each other’s dishes
- Participate actively in weekly culinary team meetings
- Take extensive and honest feedback every day on meal accessibility and flavours and incorporate into recipes
- Thoroughly understand how average people cook and strive to make meals as streamlined, quick, and easy as possible
- Ensure constraints are met, recipe tester feedback is incorporated
- Stay ahead of the market and be customer centric to continually innovate on new recipes
- Work with Brand and Market Research for brand benefits / positioning and consumer needs to generate ideas on recipe innovation
- Work with Operations, Developers and Marketing for roll-out planning, ensuring Ops readiness
- 5+ years experience working in a professional environment. Able to work in a clean and organized manner. This is not a position for passionate home cooks.
- Culinary degree preferred.
- Prior recipe development experience.
- Self-starter and highly motivated to make meals that an average person people can successfully cook at home.
- Food styling, presentation and photography experience preferred
- Sense of teamwork and collaboration. Works well in group settings to move projects forward, provide constructive feedback when needed, and support the overall team workload
- Understanding of current nutrition, food and food industry trends
We love our staff, and show it with benefits (medical, dental), flexibility in scheduling, free Fresh Prep meals, a positive environment, generous vacation policy and working alongside co-workers who are passionate about food. Plus, we promote from within so lots of opportunities for advancement!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Apply online if this sounds like your next challenge. EOE / Minorities encouraged to apply. Please visit our website at www.freshprep.ca