Independent Contractor Delivery Driver
Are you looking for a flexible full- or part-time position?
Fresh Prep is looking to hire highly motivated and friendly delivery drivers to join us in Vancouver on Saturdays, Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, and/or Wednesdays. Starts as early as 10am or as late as 5:30pm, starting in East Vancouver and delivering throughout the Lower Mainland, from downtown Vancouver to Squamish to Chilliwack.
We are specifically seeking drivers who have larger vehicles - SUVs and minivans are great!
We deliver cooler bags of fresh, prepped ingredients directly to our customers’ homes. Starting from our warehouse in East Vancouver, you will load orders in your vehicle and follow a pre-planned delivery route. Support is also provided on shift by our dispatch team. We are looking for drivers who can start right away.
This is an Independent Contractor position that requires the use of your own vehicle and own smart phone with at least a 3G data plan. Compensation is paid every week through direct deposit. and delivery shifts are typically 4-6 hours in length, with a possibility to extend to 8 hours.
Delivering for Fresh Prep is an excellent opportunity to earn $20 - $30/hr. It’s a great way to get to know your way around Vancouver!
The more deliveries you take and the more accurate you are on your route, the more you'll make. We encourage individuals with SUVs, minivans, and other large vehicles to apply!
Although previous experience is not necessary, we do encourage applicants that have worked with other on-demand delivery companies such as Skipthedishes, Uber Eats, and Amazon to apply.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract
- A vehicle with valid insurance
- A smart phone with a data plan
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
- Ability to pass a background check
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada
- A positive, friendly attitude!
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Work well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Must be able to work under limited supervision
- Must be able to drive on the road for 4-8 hours
- Ability to work independently
- Organize and load orders in own vehicle
- Deliver orders in a timely fashion
- Return collected cooler bags and undelivered orders to the warehouse
If this independent contractor position excites you and you'd like to hear more, please apply now!