MarketingFull TimeVancouver , BC
Fresh Prep is a fast growing Vancouver company that makes it easy to cook incredible meals in just 15-30 minutes. We do this by sourcing local ingredients for delicious recipes, which are then prepared and delivered to customers homes in reusable cooler bags. In 2018 and 2019, we were recognized by the Georgia Straight as Vancouver’s #1 meal kit.
We’re hiring an Art Director with a meticulous eye for pixel-perfect detail and a strong penchant towards copyediting. The ideal Art Director will be a self-motivated people leader that can operate in a fast-moving startup environment with little supervision and guidance. This role will be the primary contact between multiple departments for all design-related projects (ranging from product, to UX/UI, to visual), and will need to be able to execute campaigns diplomatically in conjunction with multiple stakeholders.
- Manage, mentor, and develop our talented brand team.
- Develop and refine the aesthetic, feel, and imagery that defines the Fresh Prep brand.
- Communicate with senior management to develop an aesthetic and brand that reflects the company’s core values and ideals.
- Review and develop brand assets including visual elements and copywriting elements as appropriate for the Fresh Prep brand.
- Maintain graphic consistency across all deliverables.
- Work with our in-house photographer to maintain a consistent standard of photography and food styling.
- Design a variety of marketing collateral in varying formats and sizes, including flyers, banners, posters, ads, infographics, and business development pieces.
- Develop user-friendly yet visually stunning email templates, landing pages, and other digital experiences.
- Work cross-department on designing various projects depending on need, including new packaging, branding on equipment and products, and signage.
- Storyboard and illustrate process flows, ideas and sitemaps.
- Assist with the development of UI/UX wireframes, mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look.
- Translate complex and sometimes ambiguous specifications into user-friendly and simple designs.
- Assist in keeping assets organized.
- Implement and improve processes to assist in the brand team’s productivity.
- Project manage multiple disparate brand projects across departments and stakeholders.
- Ideate and implement brilliant creative campaigns with the objective of expanding Fresh Prep’s brand and growing our customer base.
- Extensive experience using Adobe Creative Suite, including programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Knowledge of on-screen and prepress art production for a variety of formats.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- 3-5 years experience in design with increasing responsibilities.
- A portfolio of relevant design projects.
- Experience in directing photography and assisting food styling would be an asset.
- Experience with front-end web development would be an asset, but not required.
- Experience with videography and photography would be an asset, but not required.
- Sharp, analytical and thoughtful business acumen and a conversion-rate oriented mindset towards all design projects.
- Strong communication skills and a collaborative attitude.
- Able to both take and provide constructive feedback and provide articulate rationale for design decisions.
We love our staff and show it with benefits (medical, dental), flexible working schedules, free Fresh Prep meals, a positive environment, a generous vacation policy, and working alongside coworkers who are passionate about food. Plus, we believe in promoting from within so there are lots of opportunities for advancement!