Recipe Development Manager
Culinary / R&DFull TimeVancouver , BC
Who We Are:
Fresh Prep is a fast-growing Vancouver company that makes it easy to cook incredible meals in just 15-30 minutes. We do this by sourcing local ingredients for delicious recipes, which are then prepared in one of our two warehouses in East Vancouver and delivered to customers homes in reusable cooler bags. In 2018 and 2019, we were recognized by the Georgia Straight as Vancouver’s #1 meal kit and we recently became BCorp Certified!
We value Team Members who see themselves as part of our vision and mission, so check out our story to learn more.
What You’ll Be Doing:
The Recipe Development Manager will conceive and create new recipes for the Fresh Prep menu that meet our nutritional, cost and ingredient specifications. This is a unique opportunity to work and learn in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment, and help ensure our customers can recreate the same experience with our physical product in their own kitchens. You'll have the opportunity to work in an autonomous role with high visibility across the business
- Conceive accessible, creative new recipes in the test kitchen that apply to cost, ingredient, caloric/nutritional, operational and time constraints
- Collaborate with other chefs to improve and test each other’s dishes
- Participate actively in weekly culinary team meetings
- Seek honest and ongoing feedback on meal accessibility and flavours and incorporate this feedback into recipes
- Thoroughly understand cooking skill levels and strive to make meals accessible to all skill levels
- Stay ahead of the market and be customer centric to continually innovate on new recipes
- Work with Brand and Market Research for brand benefits / positioning and consumer needs to generate ideas on recipe innovation
- Collaborate with Operations, Developers and Marketing in regards to project planning and implementation to ensure Operational readiness
What We Are Looking For:
- 5+ years experience working in a professional environment related to the culinary field. Able to work in a clean and organized manner. This is not a position for passionate home cooks.
- Prior recipe development experience.
- Understanding of current nutrition, food and food industry trends
- Culinary degree considered an asset.
- Must be able to accept and process constructive feedback from customers to improve and innovate new and current recipes.
- An ability to incorporate feedback from photographers and food stylists into menu creation.
- Self-starter and highly motivated to make meals that are accessible to all cooking skill levels.
- Sense of teamwork and collaboration. Works well in group settings to move projects forward, provide constructive feedback when needed, and support the overall team workload
What You Can Expect
- A positive workplace filled with fantastic colleagues.
- Competitive pay and bonuses.
- Extended benefits (including medical, dental, and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.