ProductionFull TimeVancouver , BC
Who We Are:
Fresh Prep is a fast-growing Vancouver company that makes it easy to cook incredible meals in just 15-30 minutes. We do this by sourcing local ingredients for delicious recipes, which are then prepared and delivered to customers homes in reusable cooler bags. In 2018 and 2019, we were recognized by the Georgia Straight as Vancouver’s #1 meal kit.
Who You Are:
- Collaborative Team Player. You are motivated by collaborative team task achievement and driving a results-oriented culture.
- Strong communicator. Your verbal and written communication skills allow you to get results across easily and quickly, in a friendly and professional manner.
- Adaptable. You thrive in a changing environment and are able to pivot direction easily.
- Open. You are open to constructive feedback, but aren’t afraid to let your opinions be known. You approach the problem at hand from a strategic and empathetic point of view.
What You'll Be Doing:
- You will be responsible for 2 key operational departments: (1) Food Preparation, (2) Packaging.
- As a People Leader, you will ensure roles and responsibilities are clearly defined; performance expectations are well understood and adhered to; mentor Supervisors and Lead Hands through clear instruction, guidance and support; ensure effective training programs are in place; and manage employee feedback constructively.
- You will be fully accountable for budget and KPI alignment and will participate in setting annual budget and KPI targets. You will also determine and facilitate initiatives to improve year over year budget and KPI performance.
- You will be responsible for overseeing the planning of all production operations, including labour scheduling, material flow synchronization, line optimization and contingency plans.
- You will be responsible for other operational aspects including ensuring that food safety and GMP’s are consistently being adhered to; company SOP’s and policies are followed; and regulatory requirements are being met.
- You will conduct incident investigations and facilitate corrective actions. You will also be responsible for confirming corrective actions are effective, followed through and are sustained.
- You are passionate about general cleanliness, tidiness, and organization of the production facility.
What We Are Looking For:
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing productivity, efficiency, and process improvement in a manufacturing setting. Food manufacturing preferred but not required.
- Minimum 3 years experience managing multiple departments, promoting key players, grooming direct reports and employee performance management.
- Automated processing, production and/or packaging line experience preferred.
- Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma experience considered an asset.
What You Can Expect:
- A positive workplace filled with fantastic colleagues.
- Competitive pay and bonuses.
- Extended benefits (including medical, dental, and life-insurance) after 90 days of successful employment.
- Free food! A Fresh Prep meal plan for 2 meals per week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.